Shop Direct - Lowell Default

johealey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter in March 17 from Lowell chasing a Shop Direct debt for £179.73.

I wrote back to them that I did not acknowledge this debt and requested a copy of the CCA so that I could see what this was for. Letter sent May 2017.

I never heard back

I chased in June 2017 saying they had exceeded the statutory time etc and to remove any detrimental evidence on my credit reports.

I received a letter from them shortly after to say that they have been unable to obtain a copy of the CCA and put the balance at zero on the letter.

"as we have been unable to provide the requested documents we have decided to not pursue the outstanding money at this time. We are required to record true and accurate information and the Default registered will stay on your account for a period of 6 years".

I have no idea what this Default is for, and Lowells have now closed the account and are no longer chasing.

The Default will not drop off my credit file January 2020 which I do not really want to wait another 2 years.

I wrote back to them and again their letter showed a zero balance owing,

BUT they state in their letter that there is sufficient evidence to prove that I owe this debt and they will not be removing the default?

Please can someone give me some advice or point me in the right direction of my next course of action,

I have no idea what this debt is for and feel that I have a chance here to possibly get this Default removed and want to do what I can to at least try.

Thanks

Simply add a notice of correction on to your credit file stating that the OC cannot enforce this due to no paperwork, or similar, but the default will remain unfortunately. Until its sixth birthday.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Shop direct registered the default.

nothing to do with lowells.

so when did you take out this shop direct CAT debt?

and when did you last pay them or order?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks both for your reply. When I check my credit report with Equifax, there seems to be nothing showing pre Jan 2014 when Lowell placed the Default on my file. The balance was £119 but the current balance shows at £179.

I have got onto Check My File and the only other agency that shows this is Call Credit, again, no record pre Jan 2014 and nothing showing from Shop Direct for a default.

With no previous history, this is ringing alarm bells in that perhaps I never owed this debt in the first place! The credit file states "mail order agency", but I assume it's with Littlewoods, John Moore or similar?

I feel I have a very "slim" change of perhaps getting this Default removed?

Is there a letter I can send them given they have supplied no paperwork and no proof that I owe this debt and there is nothing showing on my file other than a Default from Lowell?

Thank you

Lowell did not place the default they cant

only the oc can and that would have been upon sale.

go ring shop direct and find out the account details.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's definitely a Default by Lowell for this debt - assume they purchased this debt and renamed the Default from Shop Direct to themselves perhaps?

I will go and investigate and come back once I have located the debt.

a debt purchasers name replaces that of the OC upon sale

and they