Notice period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it says "suggesting" so in writing thank them for their kind offer but advise you will work your full notice

unless you have holidays to take?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

If your contract says a minimum 2 months notice, and if you gave notice 1st Feb saying your notice was effective 31st March, then no they cannot require you to leave earlier and stop paying you. They might be able to send you home on gardening leave until March 31st but they have to pay you until then.

Of course if you can't wait to get out of there and if you have a new better paid job who'd be happy for you to start 13th February you might leap at the chance to leave early!

Thank you for the replies... I was hoping the answer would be no as I do want to complete my notice.... I have emailed the company as doing it by post doesn't give any time for delays. considering the letter gave less than a week. still waiting for a response..