VT Car with Advantage finance **SUCCESS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

We have a car on finance with Advantage and the half way point is next month. Due to a change in circumstances we no longer need the car so want to give it back.

Weve done it before so i know the letter template to use but I have a couple of questions:

1 - does the car have to have a valid MOT when it goes back? (it runs out around 6th March!).

2 - if we havent quite made the 50% (we may be one payment too early) can we just pay whats owing?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

No

Yes

Watch out though

They WILL try and fleece you blind

Film using a selfie stick in out under tyres the lot!! Body at close range too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks.

Im a bit worried as it does have scratches (tho some were there when we brought it) and is likely to fail an mot.

when ive handed cars back in the past (2 i think) weve been lucky and had no issues but they were different companies.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

std W&T not an issue

cant prove they weren't there on sale

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again.

Advantage confirmed today that on 27th Feb when our payment goes through we have paid half so im going to get the letter sent this week and hope they act fast!

why do they need to act fast?

and they

why do they need to act fast?

So that we dont have to MOT it.. :-)

why do you have to MOT it

means nowt to the VT process

and they

when my husband phoned about vt this is what they emailed..

I am worried they will try and charge us for whatever it fails on at mot

We've never had the car properly serviced and, it has high mileage (it did when we brought it but weve done loads in it).

email from advantage:

Voluntary Termination

- You would need to write in to us and request to Voluntary Terminate your agreement.

We will then send out a pack which will contain all the information you will require including any amounts needed to be paid.

Under a Voluntary Termination you are required to pay up to 50% of your agreement, any arrears or charges outstanding and any repairs that need to be done to the vehicle will be added to this amount.

cant see any of that in the VT section of the consumer credit act.:lol:

stuff their 'pck' all you need to send is the VT letter here on cag.

and they

sorry.. me again!

is this ok in your opinion? i will add that we owe £212 which will be paid on 27th February

Dear Sir / Madam,

TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT PURSUANT TO S.99

OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Agreement number:

I am writing to notify you that I wish to invoke my statutory right under section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and hereby give you notice that the agreement is terminated effective immediately from the date of this letter. Please confirm by return acknowledgement of this letter and to make arrangements for collection of the vehicle.

The condition of the car is noted as being in a reasonable condition for its age and photographic evidence has been taken in the event of any future dispute as to the condition of the vehicle.

You will be aware that the Consumer Credit Act limits my liability to half of the total amount payable under the agreement but excludes any sum payable as a penalty, compensation or damages for a breach of the terms of the agreement. Such terms imposed are inconsistent with my rights under the Act and are therefore deemed void and unenforceable.

The vehicle is now available for collection and I would be grateful if you could contact me on [NUMBER] to arrange a suitable time within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME]

not sure where you got that from...

edit this to your circs...

send the following letter by signed for delivery

you can VT AT ANYTIME, but MUST do so under s99/100cca1974

You must vt under s99/100 cca1974. do not sign any of their forms, or agree to pay any charges. The car has just to be in reasonable condition for its age. As you have paid in excess of 50% there will be nothing to pay bar any arrears.

Send them the following letter, they MUST action your request, you should endeavour to be present at the vehicle inspection---

VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT UNDER S99/100 CCA 1974

Account No: (xxxxxxx)

Dear Sir,

I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above Agreement under Section 99 of the consumer credit act1974. You will understand that the aforementioned section permits the debtor to terminate the agreement at any time before the last payment is due. There is no restriction regarding the exercising this statutory right, particularly none in respect of any perceived arrears or monies due on termination

I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. As I have paid more than the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 the amount due is £xxxx

The above agreement will be terminated 14 days from the date of this notice.

(unless you pay less than £1500 per year where you must give one months notice)

Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you.

You will be aware that statute prevents you from levying a charge for the recovery of this vehicle; guidelines also state that if you require me to deliver this vehicle it must be no more than a short (reasonable distance) from my registered address.

Please confirm receipt of this request in writing within 7 days of receipt.-Yours etc...

attend vehicle condition report, take dated photos from every angle

a short reasonable distance would be the distance you travelled to buy the car

and they

Thank you :-)

when my husband phoned about vt this is what they emailed..

I am worried they will try and charge us for whatever it fails on at mot

We've never had the car properly serviced and, it has high mileage (it did when we brought it but weve done loads in it).

email from advantage:

Voluntary Termination

- You would need to write in to us and request to Voluntary Terminate your agreement.

We will then send out a pack which will contain all the information you will require including any amounts needed to be paid.

Under a Voluntary Termination you are required to pay up to 50% of your agreement, any arrears or charges outstanding and any repairs that need to be done to the vehicle will be added to this amount.

In addition to what dx has said, ensure that

you do not sign anything in their farcical pack

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

In addition to what dx has said, ensure that

you do not sign anything in their farcical pack

ok thanks.

we posted the letter yesterday :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi

just to update everyone. We handed car back (it had to go to a transport company 5 mins from us) where it went straight to Shoreham auctions. We then had a letter from advantage this week saying there was nothing left to pay.

Happy days :)

well done glad to help

dx

and they