CreditCorp/stephen drake - 3 AUS card debts - ringing my works too!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I received a phonecall out of the blue at work last week regarding an ‘important business matter’.

He said they had been sending emails with no response, and sending by post to Victoria with no response.

I told him I hadn’t received any emails or the mail, which is true.

He asked for my uk email address

, I told him to send an email to the one he has on record.

I told him not to contact me at work twice and gave him my mobile number instead.

31.01.18 - They rang my mobile,

asked to confirm full name DOB and address,

I said no due to data protection/privacy.

I denied owing anything,

and asked how they were going to recover the money.

He flustered & couldn’t answer.

I said not to ring my employer as it will jeopardise my job as I’m currently on probation.

I got the attached email back threatening Stevensdrake.

I apparently owe $43k,

they’ve reduced it to $37k if I settle in two weeks.

I left Australia nearly two years ago.

Please see attached email from CreditCorp...

There are 3 credit card debts.

I’ve received assignment letters for the two smaller debts via email after the phone call, but not the main CBA debt for $27k.

I suppose I’m in for the long haul reading about this company & some of the posts on here,

just wondering what my next move should be? I told them they could lose me my job if they persist contacting me at work,

don’t they realise it’s counterproductive?!!

I’m assuming they can’t enter a judgment in Oz while I’m not in Oz anymore,

and if not, surely there’s nothing to enforce in the U.K.?

Thank you so much for any advice you can provide xxx

8D46CF75-5387-4052-956E-F87B5A8B848E.jpeg

Have a read of some similar threads on here. If they were serious, they wouldnt be emailing, threatening ove the phone and writing unprofessional mails. They certainly cant contact your employer as they think they can.

Offering a discount too. Theyre just like every other DCA chancers, replying on threats.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Renegadeimp,

There’s certainly lots to read about them! Maybe when they learn I have no assets or savings whatsoever in the U.K. or Australia, they will stop chasing this alleged debt. To be honest, I don’t mind if I have to change employer or make myself bankrupt in the U.K. - I have nothing to lose :/

Edited by goodbyeskippy

No need for that

Bunch of sc@mmers anyway

If they try and intimidate you again by ringing work again go speak with the FCA/ICO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Doesnt matter if you prove you have nothing of value. Theyll still chase.

And why would you change your employer or go bankrupt? they cant touch you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Does not really affect your employment probation. If they phone again, just say it seems to be an internet sc*m and you have advised them you are not falling for it.

You can complain to Aussie regulators about the communications.

Advice is to wait until Stevensdrake contact you and then let them know of your positiion. They won't be interested, unless you had assets or large lump sum. They won't want minimal regular payments, as it would be too much hassle.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread