Sandy Balls unfair cancellation terms..?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Booked a 'camping' break for two nights 13th to 15th Feb, this was booked on the 16th Jan.

However, the better half no longer wishes to go, mainly due to the weather/temperature, but primarily because she isn't feeling great, and would prefer to simply go out for the day on Valentines day.

I rang Away Resorts who deal with the bookings, and was told that if I cancelled then they don't have to refund the cost (£70) because their T&C's say so.....

14. YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING & RECEIVE A REFUND

14.1 If you need to cancel your booking, please contact us as soon as possible by calling the Guest Services Team at your chosen Park and then confirming the cancellation in writing, ensuring it is signed by the person who made the booking.

14.2 If your stay has already commenced you may cancel your Booking but we will not provide any refund.

14.3 You have the following rights to cancel a Booking for Accommodation (if booked directly with Away Resorts, either via Guest Services, by phone or via our website awayresorts.co.uk):

(a) You may cancel any Booking by contacting us in writing prior to the start of your stay and within 14 days of receipt of your Booking Confirmation. We will then confirm your cancellation to you and refund payments you have made to us less your deposit;

(b) You may cancel any Booking after 14 days of receipt of your Booking Confirmation. Subsequent cancellations charges are calculated based on the number of days prior to your arrival and upon receipt of your written confirmation.

(i) 7 days or less, 100% of holiday cost;

(ii) 8-28 days, 90% of holiday cost;

(iii) 29-41 days, 50% of holiday cost;

(iv) 42-55 days, 30% of holiday cost;

(v) 56 days or more, no refund of deposit;

14.4 You have the following rights to change your Booking for Accommodation (subject to a £10 admin fee):

(a) You may ask us to change the start date of any Booking by contacting us in writing prior to the start of your stay, provided you tell us within 14 days of receiving your Booking Confirmation and subject to availability. We will then transfer your Booking to another date within 6 months of the original Booking date;

(b) If you wish to shorten your Booking we will refund you the difference between your original booking and the new booking. This refund will not include the deposit you have already paid.

14.5 Once we have confirmed your Booking, you may cancel the contract for Accommodation and receive a full refund at any time by giving us written notice if:

(a) We break this contract in any material way and we do not correct or fix the situation;

(b) We change these Terms & Conditions to your material disadvantage

https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Seventy quid is a lot of money for us, just to simply throw away into someone elses profit pocket...... I am aware of potentially having to go the visa debit chargeback route, but I'm also aware they will more than likely claw it back, just out of spite?

I'll be writing to them to air my disgust and disappointment with them, but can anyone think of a better angle of attack here??

TIA..Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

its not accommodation...its a poxy bit of grass!

those t&c's I believe are totally unenforceable

I don't think they can do that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

those t&c's I believe are totally unenforceable

I don't think they can do that.

I ruddy well hope so, I'm all over them on social media at the minute, the missus will go spare when she gets home!

I just cannot see how 'THEY' decide what 'percentage' to refund you? Who's made that up??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well, rang them back yesterday to attempt to sort something more favourable.

Managed to get a new date booked for March so was pretty chuffed.....until...

Just taken another phonecall from Sandy Balls, who have stated that the first booking was cancelled, and because of this the new booking shouldn't have gone ahead??

She's going to speak to her ''manager''.

I'm guessing that they'll attempt to get another payment from me, not only that, but they seem to believe that should I indeed wish to cancel, they can only accept this with a note from the doctor?

Above their station methinks!