Driving while 'disqualified'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Friday 3rd November,

while travelling up to Blackpool,

around 8pm i was pulled over by Cheshire police,

when they did a licence check,

they told me that i have been disqualified from driving since June.

Something i was completely unaware of.

I was subsequently arrested and charged with driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

I was released that evening and had to get a train to Blackpool.

Next morning i contacted the DVLA for more information,

they told me i had been disqualified through Oxford magistrates court.

Being the weekend i had to wait until Monday morning before i could contact Oxford magistrates where they gave me details of the case.

A speeding offence took place in December on a vehicle which doesn't even belong to me but belongs to a company i used to work for.

They had recieved a speeding ticket, and nominated me as driver using an old address so i did not recieve or know about it.

Without my knowedge i was charged with speeding and failure to provide information,

i was given a fine and 6 point,

which under the totting up procedure i was given an automatic ban as that took me up to 12 points, therefore a ban.

I made an application for a statutory decleration and on the 20th November i had to travel up to Stockport magistrates to face charges of driving while disqualified.

Due to the circumstances i was allowed to make my stat dec at Stockport magistrates,

and the case was adjourned until the 20th Feb and i had the 6 points removed from my license and the driving ban was lifted.

I have since resolved the speeding ticket issue,

i have recieved 3 points and a fine.

Meaning i now have 9 points on my license,

but no ban.

My question is,

should i still be facing the driving while disqualified charges?

Because technically, the ban was lifted and removed from my license.

I cannot afford a solicitor and i don't qualify for legal aid and i can't use the duty solicitor on the day.

Please advise where i stand on this and what are my options.

Thank you

can you not write to the court with proof of all this

that should kil it dead surely?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If writing to the court doesn't solve it you could try getting in touch with the officer dealing with your case. If that still doesn't make it go away, you will still have to appear.

Take all of the proof that you have and when you get there, ask the usher to point out the bod from the CPS. Let them know what is happening and the evidence that you have that you were not disqualified after all.

They'll probably (no guarantees) decide to offer no evidence once you're in front of the Magistrates and the case will be dismissed. If they do decide to press ahead, you'll be able to offer your evidence to the Magistrates at which point they'll probably throw it out anyway and tear the CPS bod a new one for wasting the courts time. Magistrates don't like having their time wasted unnecessarily. Can't think why :lol:

Ultimately, you can produce the evidence to prove your case, the CPS are going to struggle.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.