Amazon pre-order - wrong item delivered

DD maker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding 3 phones (3 of the same phone) I pre-ordered on Amazon's website (seller is Amazon).

I received 2 of them today but they are not the phones I ordered (I ordered Doogee BL5000 in blue, received Doogee X10's in black), the X10's are significantly lower spec. The product page has changed since I pre-ordered from BL5000 to X10. I went on their online chat to explain the situation and ask regarding the third phone that was despatched today.

The Amazon rep assured me the phone despatched today would be the correct one, assuring me that if I return the incorrect ones then they will be replaced by the correct ones despite the webpage stating there was no stock left. They disconnected mid chat and then another rep connected.

The second rep attempted to get me to return the incorrect phones and re-order from another page (manufacturer the seller, not Amazon).

If I place a second order the phones will cost more so I said I wasn't prepared to do that and couldn't they just leave the original ordered item as they had failed to fulfill it. The rep said they couldn't as there was no stock.

I left the chat after stating that they should not do anything regarding the order or return/refund as I would speak on the phone to CS tomorrow (recording the call!!).

Basically is there any way to ensure Amazon leave my unfulfilled order on their system while still returning the incorrect phones?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

DD maker

Through my experience with Amazon you need to speak to someone from either the USA or Ireland.

Ask for a callback on the Amazon chat, keep going until you speak to someone from the above.

This type of incident, if as described, will be sorted in one call.

Before someone piles in with damming words, this is my experience.

I believe Amazon customer service to be amongst the best ...once you can get through to the correct person.

keep plugging away, you will get the right person.

+1.

It is very "Russian roulette". Get the right person early, and all is sorted.

If not, Hang up, dial again".

If you repeatedly meet stupidity, CEOmail can work wonders, but keep your e-mail succinct, explaining what you want, and why it is reasonable for you to receive that.

Great, make sure you keep us in the loop.

I genuinely believe it's just like Bazza said...it's getting the right person.

If it helps, I've never felt like they did not want to help me, just that sometimes certain people were just script reading.

Get past them and you will be sorted.

Hi all,

So after a couple of calls and an email Amazon aren't budging, it's return for a refund only, which I have now done.

Disappointed that they failed to acknowledge the (underhand, I believe) change to the item product page description between the initial order and their fulfillment of my order but at least I'm left in the same position as if I'd never ordered in the first place.

Thank you all for all your comments.

DD maker