Appliance City and unreliable Miele Coffee Machine 4yrs old

Mollylucy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a built in coffee machine in May 2013 from Appliance City. I am going to find out how I paid for the item in the next couple of days-hopefully on my credit card. It had an initial problem but this was sorted promptly. The item came with a two year warranty.

The machine started giving problems in February 2015 whilst still under warranty. This started a series of various faults and at least 8 visits (possibly more!) over an 18 month period ,from a variety of technicians sent direct from Miele who manufactured the item. The last visit was Autumn 2016 and at that point I told Miele I did not want the machine as it was far too troublesome. Miele said that they would apply a further years warranty which I agreed to.

The machine then broke down again December just gone and was out of warranty at that stage so now Miele want to charge for a repair and will only offer a 20% on any parts needed. I then turned to Appliance City from whom I purchased the machine and it was the same story from them. I purchased the machine as Miele had a good reputation for longevity and trouble free running of their products. Can anyone clarify how I might get a result on this?

Ideally I would like my money back or a new machine from Appliance City. If this machine had run trouble free for four years then I would not have minded so much paying for a repair but the machine has been a nightmare for breakdowns over a prolonged period and I suspect it has a few inherent faults that Miele won't admit to.

I intend to get some sort of satisfaction from this as I am not at all happy with either Miele or Appliance City. Currently I have asked Appliance City to look at the matter again and if the are a member of any trade association that would handle an independent appeal. All advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

the issue here would be the 4yrs to date

is this a business purchase?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its out side of 6mts so its your responsibility to get a report upon what has failed now.

then sent that along with a brief potted history to the RETAILER.

under CRA as its been repaired so many times

they might well refund you

but it will be adjusted for age/use

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

same thing same rules SOGA was not changed when it was amalgamated into CRA

and they