shoplifted some items from waitrose....Please help me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did a really stupid thing and shoplifted some items from waitrose .

I need some details of how to proceed .

I am in little panic situation .

please help me,

I'm really upset,

don't know what to do,

yesterday I got caught from waitrose ,

They have asked my ID (ID have no address )

(I have not signed anywhere, they given that letter should not enter any waitrose stores) .

I returned all the Items (Grosery items - ~30 pound )

plz help me.

This is good lesson , i wont do again (from my heart)

Edited by thomos
Changes

Very much doubt anything will happen.

Most shoplifting is now only dealt with by stores themselves sometimes using a retail loss prevention company to write to you. But as they don't have your address from ID, I doubt you will get any letter. Even if you did get a letter, it would be safe to ignore it.

Nothing will happen, but the security and managers at the Waitrose store will refuse you entering if they see you.

Just don't do it again, as stores will involve Police if people repeat shoplift from stores.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

Waitrose use RLP to chase these 'invoices' however you are within your rights to just ignore them-totally. Never respond to them. The more people we can get to understand that RLP have no legal obligation to force payment from you the sooner this 'company' goes bust.

We on CAG will never say that shoplifting is right BUT companies that prey on consumer ignorance should never be allowed to get away with it. I always say that the police should be involved as they are the best to deal with situations like this and usually for first time offenders, the shock of police attendance is enough to stop first timers in their tracks.

If you are under 18 or in a troubled family then different advice would be offered. RLP stamp their name on the front of envelopes so if this would cause trouble for you, it would be better to deal with it at an early stage.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I returned all the Items (Grosery items - ~30 pound) .

I was not signed any document .

ID card i was showing PAN card from Srilanka .

it dont have any Address details .

I am just worried about how they will find address .

I am little worry about the below statement

"

If you are under 18 or in a troubled family then different advice would be offered.

RLP stamp their name on the front of envelopes so if this would cause trouble for you,

it would be better to deal with it at an early stage"

I am a visa holder from srilanka ,

It will be very bad situation if my near relative know .

I am very much nerves .

Please help me .

So you don't have a UK address? If so, it's highly unlikely RLP will write to your Srilankan address.

RLP have great difficulty writing to foreign addresses as it would be a pointless excercise.

I included the above statement not knowing your age or where you lived. A lot of shoplifters are under 18 and as such the advice would have been to write to them and insist that all letters be sent to another UK address.

Regarding your visa. If you are intending to renew it in the future, this event will have no effect to your application, even if the renewal form asks whether you have been convicted of a crime. The honest answer is NO.

If RLP don't have an address for you in the UK, they won't be able to send anything.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE