Stanford and greens CTAX DEbt - warrant coming?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to get in contact with stanford and greens in regards to a £560 C.T (council tax) debt which has accumilated.

I have been thretened recently by this company that they may file for a warrant for arrest under the council tax evasion law.

Needless to say this scared me

i am 26 with a cleen record

I wrote a letter to them with an attached income and expenditure form from step change

( a debt management charity stating i could only afford to pay them £17 a month.

Said letter was sent in september 2017 with no reply or conversation with them.

but last week with above threat to seize goods or a warrent for my arrest.

What can i do as this is now affecting my daily life due to me suffering with anxiety and depression.

Thank you

Chris

I have been trying to get in contact with stanford and greens in regards to a £560 C.T (council tax) debt which has accumilated.

I have been thretened recently by this company that they may file for a warrent for arrest under the council tax evasion law. Needless to say this scared me as i am 26 with a cleen record.

I wrote a letter to them with an attached income and expenditure form from Step Change ( a debt management charity) stating i could only afford to pay them £17 a month. Said letter was sent in September 2017 with no reply or conversion with them.

In the nearly 4 months since writing to Stamford & Green have you tried calling the company? Have you emailed them? Lastly, have you tried calling the local authority?

I have been thretened recently by this company that they may file for a warrant for arrest under the council tax evasion law. Needless to say this scared me as i am 26 with a cleen record.

Said letter was sent in september 2017 with no reply or conversion with them. Untill last week with above threat to seize goods or a warrant for my arrest.

Chris, please can I assure you that you will certainly not be arrested.

Whilst an enforcement agent should not be making threats such as this (threat of arrest or committal), it is sadly the case such a threat many times leads to payment being made or a debtor 'taking their head out of the sand' (as appears to have happened in your case today).