West Bromwich PPI and building insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I'm new to this site and wondered if someone a lot cleverer than myself could help out.

We have recently been told by West Bromwich Building Society that we could have been mis-sold PPI .

I have looked at all the paperwork and we had PPI with them for 2 years between 2000 (when we took the mortgage out) and 2002.

I see for the firstyear they paid it for us and the second year we carried it on of our own free will.

I do wonder if we'd made a claim during that year whether it would've paid out though as my husband was self-employed at the time.

I'd really like a copy of the terms and conditions

when I rang the mortgage company the lady didn't answer my question and said all I needed to do was make a complaint and they would look into it for me.

I don't know as I'm really happy with that though as they could make up any story about the terms and conditions at the time and I'd be none the wiser.

Am I being cynical here or not?

Is there any way I can get a copy of them?

The other thing I stumbled across when looking through the paperwork was that we had building insurance with them for the first seven years of our mortgage.

On the conditions of offer letter it states we had to have the policy with them for 5 years and then when we changed to another fixed-rate mortgage in 2005, we had to have it again for a further two.

Should they have made it compulsory to take out with them?

When I spoke with the lady she said with regards to paying the insurance for the first 5 years we would have to take the issue up with the broker who recommended the mortgage to us and for the other two years it had been our own free will to choose that fixed-rate package with those conditions attached.

Does anyone know if that seems right or not?

Many thanks in advance.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

stop using the phone!

send them an sar.

if you didn't have buildings insurance already then I cant see you winning there...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hopefully

they must know as they've written

but don't het hung up on that reason alone.

and use the fos questionnaire too not any they send you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

Hi there. Where do I find the thread now Andy? Sorry but I'm new to all this.