• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First Direct 14yr old unpaid loan, Will they keep any PPI found? Used CMC help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help,

starting to worry that I will have to pay Agent their commission after they informed me 3 weeks ago that First Direct have confirmed 3 accounts with PPI.

I stupidly gave them the bank to chase in a cold call some 6 mths ago,

telling them upfront that I had an unpaid loan so didn’t think they would get any response and I would never hear from them again.

Told them again that one of the accounts confirmed by FD is an unpaid personal loan taken about 14yrs

then got into difficulties

FD response when I asked for help was to close my account and allowed my benefits to be collected from an HSBC branch for 4 weeks, saying that was enough time to get a new account sorted elsewhere and not to worry because FD did not use credit companies so no one would see my bad credit, never once in that half hour telephone conversation did they attempt to recover or set up a payment plan.

I never heard from them again, not even a debit collector if and when it was ever sold on.

The other 2 accounts was a their CC and others refinance loan which was paid off with property sell.

Agent said not to worry debit too old and they sent completed questionnaires

Can anyone pls tell me if infact this debit is now too old to recover and what To expect in the response from FD regarding unpaid account.

Sorry i’ve gone on a bit, really starting to worry me

Many thanks if you’ve stuck with it and can give any advice

Edited by dx100uk
paras

if they still own it they can and will offset any PPI refund against the debt.

as for the reclaims company

send them a letter and cancel the contract.

will be cheaper than them charging you upto 40% of the refunded amount {fees, % of reclaim, VAT, tax]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk

As I have absolutely no paperwork for that loan and as I said never heard anything from anyone

I Have been reading through my contract with the reclaim company and it says I can cancel right up to before an offer is received.

But when I read the t&C on their website they said I only had 14 days after earliest signed authority

Do I have to give them a reason for cancelling?

Will I get charged anything especially as they know PPI has been found?

Do they inform FD?

Many thanks

No. You don't have to give them any reason.

Write to them immediately – urgently – and terminate the contract. You can refer to their T&Cs when doing so.

Send them the letter by email and also by recorded delivery post.

After that, continue making your PPI claim with the help of this forum. You should start up a new thread for the loans. If you are talking about loans which are 14 years old – and PPI which is 14 years old then you may be looking at a lot of money.

If you want to give your money away then you can give us a donation if you get a good result

Hi BankFooder

Have found cancellation form and emailed it and will also post as you suggested

FD CC was taken out in 1996/7 consolidated with FD loan in 2000 and paid off from property sell 2002

Unpaid loan is from about 2003/4 no paperwork and really heard nothing else about it

Am I not just waiting to hear from FD with an offer?? Don’t really understand much about all of this but thank god I found this forum and asked my long worrying question.

What should I do now??

Many thanks

i'd be sending an sar to FD

get all the info

then you'll be in a position to calculate what you should be getting back.

in you letter to the CMC, include a copy of the T&C's you signed up to

else they'll say their website ones trump them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just off to the post office, and I don’t know much about all of this so thanks dx100uk I will be sorting a SAR this afternoon , trying to rack my brains for as much info as I can remember.

Sent a copy of my T&C highlighting cancellation section and referred to them in my covering letter, not mentioning Web vision, could not find. Date of issued on either of them?!

Do you think the CMC will put up a fight? When I said the last loan is unpaid the advisor asked was I sure or could of someone else paid it for and I didn’t know or had I paid it and forgotten!!

Thought that was very strange at the time know I understand why, they get their percentage regardless, can’t believe they don’t have to inform you of every possible out when a concern is raised, like I did, so underhanded and dishonest .

Thanks you guys for hopefully saving me and my family from a very large bill when we were so under the impression we had a little nest egg on the way.

And believe me if I manage to scrap through this you are very welcome to my donate that’s for sure

Many thanks