Grievance upheld but employer not carrying out recommendations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I lodged a grievance against a colleague.

A thorough investigation was carried out and my grievance was upheld.

There were a number of recommendations made in the report in Oct 2017.

One of the recommendations was that me and the colleague attend mediation.

It also recommended that if she did not engage in mediation action should be taken via breach of Code of Conduct and/or Dignity at Work Policies.

She is saying that her husband is not well so she is not able to participate in mediation at this time.

My employer is saying she is not refusing but is delaying.

Other recommendations around my line manager reminding her of expected behaviours, her responsibilities and pointing out possible consequences have not been completed.

I have continually chased my line manager and HR around these recommendations as what was a bad situation has now got worse.

My line manager finally met with my colleague yesterday for half an hour.

Following that my line manager met with another colleague and asked her about my mental health.

She told my LM that she has concerns about my MH caused by the colleague.

I then met with my LM.

She said that the colleague, who I lodged a grievance against, had told my line manager that I'm the problem

- I'm clearly mentally unwell and am paranoid.

My LM obviously believes what she is saying.

I reminded her that the investigation had proved the opposite!

My mental health has been negatively affected by all of this and I am struggling to attend work.

I've met with our Wellbeing Manager to develop a plan to manage my stress levels but she's advised that until the grievance outcome recommendations are carried out nothing I do is going to make any difference.

Other than hand my notice in, and I cannot afford to do that as I'm a single parent,

I'm at a loss to know what to do next.

Any advice greatfuly received!

I would probably explore that first. Otherwise you are in a loop of rasing a greivance about the grieviance and that's not going to help.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Under heath and safety you can put tools down until they follow the recommendations.

They won't like it but tough.

Many people forget the heath part of h&s which includes mental health.

Speak to your line manager about following this route or hr.

I would ask to be temporarily transferred to a different dpt away from your colleague or work from home until sorted if possible.

Or even better, be placed on paid gardening leave.

If you are in a union you should get them involved if you haven't done so already.