Bristow & Sutor Recycled Council Tax?? £220 + £310 added on!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

They've made this so confusing, I'm starting do wonder if they actually know what they are talking about at all.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

How can they possibly send a second debt collection agency when I'm already paying another one? For the very same bill?

If there was any adjustment to the bill, surely they shouuld have simply added it to the Equita bill & let me know.

My last payment was to Equita in December, then January I get a letter out of the blue demanding £220.21 + £310 fees for Bristow & Sutor. They say they were passed the account in August. I was still paying Equita in August.

What a confusing mess!

Hello

I am really not getting any where with the Council, they've sent me a supposed statement, however there are payments missing.

So according to them & the statements they provided, I was still paying Equita for this account when they 'supposedly' sent Britow & Sutor on 2 visits to the old address. How I prove that I don't know.

Have the council told you what date Equita returned the case to them?

You mention that there are payments missing. How much are these payments for and who were the payments made to?

Thank you, Yes there are payments that were made to Equita, missing from the statement the council have sent me.

My last & final (or so I thought) payment to Equita was made in December 2017. I paid it off in full.

No the council haven't confirmed or stated when Equita returned it to them. I'll email & ask them to confirm the date.

Could you just confirm, that when you paid Equita in full,

you mean the full amount on the invoice,

including any fees,

and not any other amount.

Just to be sure we are all on the same page.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes, the amount oustanding to Equita was £304.42, when I was ill & unable to work. I had a visit to the house, & of course they added fees, think it was over £250 in fees.

Even though I'd been in touch with the council & told them the situation, they passed everything over to Equita, I was ill for 11months.

I had an arrangement with the enforcement officer to pay a monthly amount.

I paid that every month last year, & made the final payment in December.

The council now say they passed the account to Bristow & Sutor in the August, when I was still paying Equita. And they've now added their fees too, of £310.

Hope that all makes sense, thanks for your help

OK so you paid the £304 to Equita.

The £250 they "tried to add" was passed on eventually to B and s where it accumulated the second lot of enforcement fees.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sorry, no... the £304 owed to Equita, included the £250 fees for Equita coming to the house.

I set up a monthly arrangement to pay it off, which I did in December

But in August the council added some more, but rather than adjust/increase the Equita account that was still ongoing/live in August, they instructed Bristow & Sutor for a total of £530, including £310 enforcement fees.

Thank you

Ahh good, thanks.