DVLA access by parking co's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was reported in the papers yesterday the DVLA gave out the keeper details of 1.5 million vehicles in the months Oct-Dec 2017. 500,000 of those access requests were from Parking Eye.

This equates to 6 million requests a year in total

so assuming the majority of people do pay up

the amount the parking co's get for this is over the £300 million reported for a couple of years ago.

An MP is introducing a private members bill to force the parking co's to use an independent adjudicator for all appeals.

The BPA say they already do but that isnt actually true when you compare their system with the proposed new one.

No comment printed from the IPC,

Will and John are no doubt so certain of their own brilliance in all parking matters they dont need to consider the law at all and commenting is beneath them.

The papers also commented on the finances of Capita, the parent company of PE having debts of £1.9 billion including pension defecit and their shares dropped by 40%.

Capita do nearly all of the money counting for London boroughs when it comes to parking meters etc and when analysing their figures from a FOI request they seem to lose some of the cash in transit and no monies from forced overpayments of parking meters not giving change ever reaches the councils in the period covered by my FOI request.

Perhaps this assumption was wrong on my part and every cash meter on that day was faulty and allowed a certain level of free parking and generously gave out more change than was actually tendered on occasion.

Capita are going to sell of £700 million worth of business assets and shut down loss making divisions.

Parking Eye is to be sold on allegedly, sold on it should be shut down. Bet they would invoice a large Mobility Scooter with a "Q" plate on it when the rider went to Aldi twice within 4 hours. Perhaps I should phone and ask them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

latest is that the second reading of the private members bill was today and the papers were saying that parking co's make £200 million from hospital parking. Huh, you can double that when you include all of the £100 charges they collect as well as the value of parking itself. the hospitals are now blaming PFI contracts when this is not the case in the majority of places. they use private parking contract for money laundering as if they did the work in house they lose VAT remission and have to pay corporation tax.

Parking Eye is up for sale, I offered £100 reduced to £60 if they didnt accept within 28days

Classic :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Parking Eye is up for sale, I offered £100 reduced to £60 if they didnt accept within 28days

Superb, but they are worth 20 quid tops.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!