Cabot playing games with me? PAP Letter for mobile account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started getting letters from cabot for a debt I do not recognise and do not believe I owe several months ago.

I put them in the bin due to the above.

At the end of November I received a pre-action letter and the standard attached forms to complete with threats of court action.

I followed CAG advice for completion and I added a cca request and fee.

Alleged debt is with a mobile phone company but having no other details than that and a date of contract of a specific date in 2010 (and an amount of under £300) the debt could be for anything.

I had a contract with a different operator that year and the following one and left that contract long after the contract ended.

I denied the debt on their form and only filled in where advised.

Sent this to solicitors by due date and added in a brief short letter at advice of GP to tell the solicitors i have mental health issues.

They are severe in nature. GP said they had to follow mental health guidelines And should not be harassing me.

I have to get someone else to post letters for me so going to court is laughable.

A week later I got a response from cabot saying I was being transferred to their sensitive team.

And I've now got a letter a month on

- back to square one asking me to get in touch to pay this debt

and an attached form to complete for someone else to take authority on this account.

I feel like hitting my head against a brick wall.

They didn't provide a single detail of the proof I asked for and they haven't returned the postal order they were sent.

Its just been ignored and the solicitors have thrown it back at Cabot to start chasing me again without a shred of proof.

What should I do now? I could scream.

Thanks

" transferred to their sensitive team. " :lol:

Ignore them...their move next.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if it was 2010 then its statute barred is in not??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lol... ignoring them again, with pleasure!

I don't know anything about it dx100uk,

they just gave me the phone people name, account type communications (could be anything), account number and a date of agreement (sorry I called it a contract off the top of my head but I've pulled the paperwork out now - agreement might legally be something different I don't know), and that it was assigned to Cabot in March last year.

I thought that asking for proof when they sent the claim letter would give me the answers as to what it's all about so I could turn around and tell them to go fornicate, but they don't want to do that clearly, even when given money for the trouble. ��

So statute barred, real debt, my debt, mistake, genuine (must have been sleep telephoning if so!), I just don't know ☹️

It's just deeply upsetting to keep getting these threatograms when they can't be any more sure than I am that I actually owe anyone a penny.

I find it very hard work and challenging dealing with replies etc so it was a big deal sorting out their letter of claim and letter for cca etc then getting someone to buy me a postal order, then send them their reply... just to get ignored.

I do feel that ignoring them too is fair now.

You must ignore them and file all correspondence away for future reference should they decide to issue a claim.Trying to converse with them will only make your health suffer.

Do not engage at all ......unless you receive a LBA Pre Action Protocol letter or a court claim...then you engage with us.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread