Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Currys Logik Oven Exploded

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    Hmm, not sure I agree with that. Even if you were rewiring a house tomorrow you'd still have to install a dedicated high Amperage outlet for a cooker. You have to allow for the installation of a cooker that draws >3kW even if one isn't to be installed at the time.
    It states that above....." a 32 amp outlet for appliances including freestanding electric cookers that consume more than 3KW."

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

32 or 45 amp supply is standard because many ovens and range cookers have high kwh, however as said, many modern ovens come from the factory with a standard 13amp plug.
    Being sold in UK, they must be safe to use by simply plugging them in otherwise they won't be fitted with a standard plug.
    We still don't know if this is the case with the op oven.

The exploding door surely has got nothing to do with the electrical connection.
    Either the oven was faulty, the glass was damaged or the oven was somehow fitted in a twisted/squashed position so to put the door under mechanical stress.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tiger265 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2015

Can I call for a pause for a minute.

The words "oven" and "cooker" keep coming up.

The OP talks about an "oven",
    I have taken this to mean a built-in or built-under, oven only.

I define "cooker" to be a full blown electric cooker, ie oven, grill and hob.

As per the last few posts, I agree an "oven" is ever likely these days likely to come with a 3 pin plug.

A cooker would NEVER? come with one?

I think a few of us maybe getting crossed wires here (pun intended...) Maybe OP can confirm?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by tiger265 View Post
    Can I call for a pause for a minute. The words "oven" and "cooker" keep coming up. The OP talks about an "oven", I have taken this to mean a built-in or built-under, oven only. I define "cooker" to be a full blown electric cooker, ie oven, grill and hob. As per the last few posts, I agree an "oven" is ever likely these days likely to come with a 3 pin plug. A cooker would NEVER? come with one? I think a few of us maybe getting crossed wires here (pun intended...) Maybe OP can confirm?
    I have a full cooker 5 years old...13 amp feed from the ring main....back to topic.....

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details