style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have tried to find the answer myself but its painful,

a cycle lane with a solid white line means no parking in it or driving?

but with in the specified hours ?

if there are no hours denoting any times does that mean its in force 24/7 ?

i havnt got a ticket but our local council has ripped up our trafffic islands and speed reduction stuff to insert very wide cycle lanes,

taking out 10 parking spaces along the road,

by the town centre,

people were wondering if you could just park along the road ?

Hi

Have a look at this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158

This links as well (same Rule 140): http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/multi-lane-carriageways.html

Click on 'Multi-lane carriageways (rules 133 to 143) and look at Rule 140

I would also advise contacting the councils Roads Department and specifically asking them for clarification of your question on the cycle lane as the council are doing these changes. (also ask them where the info is on there website)

Council are different on how they operate these as my own council if you want to wreck you car try parking in a cycle lane you will have no chance as these are on the same road as cars but totally separated with a very small pavement with numerous metal bollards with signage every so often it operates 24/7 along the full cycle lanes.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

A solid white line indicates a mandatory cycle lane which motorists cannot drive or park in. A broken white line is an advisory marking telling motorists they should not drive or park in cycle lanes unless absolutely necessary.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...