Lowell & dodgy assignment letters - Vodafone debt

cmaj76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I’m looking for some advice with regards to some dodgy looking letters Ive received from Lowell.

They have sent two letters to my parents house

(long story but using this as a c/o address until I find myself a new home).

They sent two separate letters,

one with their standard give us your money with a letter of assignment purportedly from Vodafone in one envelope then another separate give us your money with a letter of assignment from everyday loans.

It’s not so much that I’ve never had a Vodafone account and the amount being claimed by everyday is nowhere near what I did owe some years ago,

it’s the very dodgy looking letters supposedly from Vodafone and everyday assigning the debt to Lowell.

Both are on the same paper, with the same font, with the same data matrix codes as the Lowell letters, both with the same numbering on the edges of the letters, both with badly scanned images of the company logos.

I’m going to send them a prove it letter, pointing out the highly suspicious nature of their letters of assignment.

Aside from this any suggestions on what to do with these dodgy looking letters of assignment? (I would upload but not sure how to on here?)

Thanks

Std practice and quite OK

Don't go sending anything to them yet

Go start a new thread in the PDL forum for that debt

Use this thread for the voda one.

So. When did you last pay the phone account

And is it on your credit file?

And did you take this out whilst not resident with your parents?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I’ve only had a pay as you go account and that was over 4 years ago at a previous address so I’m not sure where they’ve got this from?

If you write to companies like Lowell, you are unlikely to receive any response. They just won't look into it.

The letter you have had is just a basic first letter with few details. It is a fishing exercise. Lowell will send further letters which hopefully contain a Vodafone reference number and at that point, you might want to enquire with Vodafone i.e ask Vodafone whether they have reported a debt in your name. Then armed with a Vodafone letter in response, send it to Lowell telling them they have got the wrong person.

Do check your credit record to see if a wrong report has been made.

Unfortunately at some point you will need to take some action as advised to deal with this. Lowelll have been known to issue court claims against the wrong person.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I’ve only had a pay as you go account and that was over 4 years ago at a previous address so I’m not sure where they’ve got this from?

Put simply they blanket bomb an entire county, if not the country, sending out puerile missives to everyone with the same name, hoping their intended target put their head above the parapet.

ANY reaction to them, WILL result in months if not years of senseless, letter tennis, it is futile in sending them anything, yes they can get litigious,

but if they're barking up the wrong tree, let them, then counter claim for damages, costs.

Just keep an eye on your credit file, see what, if anything, is on there.

And DO NOT correspond with these clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!