Flexible working request denied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For once this post directly impacts myself. Going to court with access to children. Requesting a flexible fixed day off once a week so the kids can stay overnight

Had a flexible working request denied by my employer. Usual reasons

Cost

Effect and ability to meet customer demand

Manpower with organising existing staff

Recruitment ban

Ability to manage impact and performance

Allignment of planned structual changes

This is a major employer with a high staff count.

Being long in the tooth can draft a suitable resonse in implementing the appeal but:

Anyone know of any case law links to support that appeal as the employer only has to consider such requests. Was thinking Equality Act and discrimination myself

Many thanks

When you put the request in, did you describe how the business would be able to cover your hours? That is where most requests fall down I am afraid.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You don't need another law, the flexible working one will do it. You don't really have a protected characteristic that works here, from memory

Be careful - appeal on grounds their reasons are not fact based, to exhaust your internal process (recruitment ban for example is their choice and totally reversible, and it sounds like they don't need to recruit anyway)

Do not mediate through ACAS, straight to ET

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/flexible-working/flexible-working-taking-action/

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

can I just check as well as I am never sure if you are posting for you or someone else - you had a post in november about a new job - if that was you, then you don't meet

"Employees must have worked for the same employer for at least 26 weeks to be eligible."