rogue lease buyout gone bad? legal action over credit file errors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I’ve got a difficult question I hoped somebody could assist with by shedding a bit of light on my position.

I took a VW car lease out through a dealership which was fine,

then several months ago I took advantage of an ‘early termination’ scheme they offer

whereby you take out a new lease with VW finance and the dealership buys the existing car from them.

This is an essential part of the scheme.

A national dealership agreed a new lease with me and agreed to buy the existing car from VW finance.

There was a shortfall of £300 and they took payment from me for this,

then delivered the new car and collected the old one on the same day, back in October.

I have been paying the new lease for several months and assumed all was fine,

until i received a final warning payment demand in relation to my old lease,

which was apparently 3 months behind on payments.

I contacted VW to discover the dealership never made the final purchase payment and as such,

I’m still liable despite not having the car!

I now have several months of missed payments on my credit file.

To make matters worse it’s time to renew my mortgage and the interest rates I’m being offered are much higher than those advertised (the only negative entries on my credit file are these missed payments).

I’ve contacted VW but they claim they can do nothing as the contract is still live due to the dealership not making the settlement payment.

I’ve contacted the dealership to complain but I keep getting fobbed off with excuses blaming staff who ‘no longer work for us’ and promises they will resolve this.

That was 4 weeks ago and it’s still not resolved.

Can anybody suggest how I can move forward with this, considering the company to blame is actually the dealership?

Either cEO Complaint or take legal action.

IF you have evidence that your rates that are being offered are a lot higher and you have financially been impacted - You can take action.

Try looking at DSG Retail Vs Durkin - He was offered A LOT of compo - This was overturned and he still got £8k i believe...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

the Durking case led to massive costs on both sides as it went all the way to the european courts. He was awarded about £8k as mentiona plus about £100k in costs but was still out of pocket by about a similar amount. However, that set the precednt for future cases and if you then consider Vidal Hall v Google and others you will see that you no lnger even have to prove a quantum for damages, the actual tort will get you about £1k just for their false reporting on your CRA records. You can add the additional mortgage costs to that bill if you have to pay more interest.

You need to go after whoever OWNS the franchise and do so in writing. As VW are underwriting the finance let them know that they are jointly liable for the flase reporting and thus wil be named in a court claim if matters are not corrected.