• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

TSB/Lloyds TSB/ Now Lloyds

saturdaykids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This goes way over my head,

I have had a long painful complaint with Lloyds and do not want to bore you to death so will bullet point the occurences:

Mortgage taken out as first time buyers 1996

conveyancing solicitor did not perform completion and contracts signed over a receptionist desk no solicitor present.

transpires we purchased a property that did not reflect what was explained on the estate agents property description.

Lloyds wrote to me in 2003 and advised that the property was not registered with the Land Registry, they advised they would sort out and appointed a solicitor.

2012 I lost my job and later on that year my wife passed away.

I was sold a policy that covered "every eventuality" told the advisor I did not want it but he advised "it comes with the mortgage" (subtle)

contacted Lloyds 10/2012 to make a claim on the policy.

was told they could not locate account and I would have to write to the Cheltenham & Gloucester to recover account

they ignored my first letter,

sent a second letter this time recorded and copied in the first No response

sent a third letter recorded copied all in again still no response.

Six months had gone by

I stopped my mortgage payment and behold they contacted me,

the telephone number was the original office who could not locate my account

was advised that the account was there and there was protection on it.

I asked to make a claim

they intimated I might not be covered but said they would send a booklet out on how to may a claim.

No booklet was ever received,

Wrote and complained again and transpires I was not covered for these eventualities!

Complained about being miss-sold protection,

was advised after investigation they sold it fairly.

I kept on at them and they then said ok we miss-sold it.

they offered full refund of 16 years worth of instalment + 8% interest.

told them I wanted what I was told was covered for ("every eventuality")

and they should write off the mortgage.

They said no.

I kept on at them but was getting no where.

they failed to respond to a 21 point complaint letter only explaining themselves on 4 of the points and told me to take it to the FOS.

In sept 2015 although I kept on at them it was clear they were not interested in responding to the complaint

I wrote a letter of an offer to reinstate mortgage payment, they ignored it.

The legal letters started coming as I had not made any payment since april 2013.

( why did they not get a possession order)

I kept on writing asking why they were ignoring my offer, for months.

In the end I called the collections office and said I would not lose the property

asked them to give me a monthly figure to pay.

This was twice the original mortgage payment

I decided on selling the property as I felt their next move may well be possession order and a fire sale.

I received an offer on the property,

a third below the asking price but accepted it as I felt I would make more than a fire sale would give back.

After months of solicitors work

the buyer pulled out as there was no tittle on the gardens.

My solicitor suggested getting a possessory tittle on the gardens as it appeared the deeds were lost by the solicitors.

I have written to Lloyds and again complained as they had instructed a solicitor to carry out the registration who clearly failed and I was left with a solicitors invoice and no sale.

They have come back to me and offered to register the gardens and to offer a £500 compensation for this error.

I asked what tittle would be achieved the person was not sure as diff. dept.

I explained possessory/absolute, as possessory would still take value off the property.

She said they had the deeds so there should not be an issue.

This was annoying as my solicitor wrote to them October last year and asked if they had the deeds, they never responded.

my question is

what was holding them back from a possession order and any advice on how to respond to this offer they have made,

as I requested the mortgage be made void due to years of issues.

you would not believe the amount of failings I have left out but its already a small book. sorry for that

Have you sent them an SAR?

why don't you get everything they hold first

then make a decision

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you asked...what was holding them back from a possession order

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

unenforceable agreement.......????

they cant find it

or

this mis-sold protection invalidates it under CCA?

I believe in 1996 most mortgages were covered by the consumer credit act....??

and they

have they send a copy in the sar?

and they

FfHey dx,

there is no copy of the mortgage contract and the covering letter with the Sar says:

"the majority of contracts we hold between the Bank and our customers are not held in relevant filing systems and are therefore not subject to the right of subject access under the Data Protection Act.

However where a copy of a contract is held in a relevant filing system or is held digitally in an automated system it will be found by our searches and will, of course be provided."

but there are sheets headed MTG02 MORTGAGE ACCOUNT DETAILS which has a section showing CCA Regulated Subs N and MTG03 SUB ACCOUNT LOAN DETAILS with section CCA Regulated Loan N.

Which suggests not CCA regulated.

unenforceable agreement.......????

they cant find it

or

this mis-sold protection invalidates it under CCA?

I believe in 1996 most mortgages were covered by the consumer credit act....??

No....... they were regulated by the FSA...Under the CCA 1974, s16 defined the exempt agreements, including mortgages. However CCA 2006 introduced an amendments lifting the threshold of 25K

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry Guys,

what does that mean?

Just looking through my file letters from Lloyds

they were threatening legal action since November 2013,

I started payments approx. Sept 2017.

there must be a reason unless they just have too much on their plate which I would not believe the way banks act now.