Flooded Garden from residents car park that is owned by the local council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

we privately rent a house that is on quite a steep hill.

At the upper end of the property is our back garden, which for the majority of the year is a no go zone.

At the top border of the property is a 15 ft retaining wall (other side is residents car park that is owned by the local council).

This wall has 2 drainage pipes

where whenever it rains

the water from the car park goes down the drainpipes into my garden,

making it waterlogged and sodden.

We cant step on it due to the gradient, as it is probable we will slip.

We thought there was just one drainage pipe, but found a second behind the shed which is now rotten as a result of the water.

The Tenancy agreement states we have to keep the garden, including the shed, in a presentable state, which we are clearly failing.

Do we have a course of action against the Council?

I can see that, as they are above us we have to let them drain their water away,

but it is making our garden unusable,

and damaging the property.

Also, who would have the course of action, me or the landlord?

Cheers!

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

The only important action is for you is to confirm this issue in writing to the landlord AND any letting agent.

It must be in writing and you must at least get proof of posting the letter from Post Office counters.

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO JUST PHONE LANDLORD OR AGENT ABOUT THIS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Agree with UB you need to put this in writing to the Landlord also get photographic evidence of this if you can. (you need to keep a paper trail)

Check if the car park referred to see if it has other drainage as well and photograph its condition.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Now, there is old law that helps your LL if they want to take on the council but in your case I would go for a simpler remedy. Just use a couple of bungs in the drainage holes to stop the water coming through and also get your LL to sort out a permanent solution. The council have no right to allow their water to drain onto anyone else's land in this manner as it is not "natural" run off

• Confused 1