VCS/ELMS Spycar PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - Liverpool Airport - No Stopping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

correct it is

so now as post 17

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If not, any suggestions what the letter should say?

Many thanks

Well for a start, the figure of £60 plucked out of thin air and added to the initial "debt". The original "debt" being nonsense as this is a bye-law matter which they have no interest in. The fact you know they are serial bottlers who soil their underpants when it comes to actually appearing in court.

Make it clear that you've sussed them, their claim is rubbish and you would have no problem humiliating them in court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

what you send is in almost every other liverpool john lennon airport thread in this forum.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK thanks - the suggested reply I came across that I like best is from ericsbrother...

"Dear sirs,

Unfortunately for you I wasn't born yesterday so I won't be paying the demand to your client as both you and they know what I know and that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160 is just a nonsense.

As VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you tell you client to discontinue this foolishness and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedureicon as well. I know that may well be a first for you but call it your new year's resolution.

Should they decide to continue then I shall be asking for a ful costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and the seek damages for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC dec 2016.

Even Will and John, the parking worlds worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon's stupidity and greed and presumably that is why you are wasting your ink on his behalf."

I'll send this, unsigned, by recorded delivery to BW Legal tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise.

Many thanks

Looks pretty magnificent to me!

I'd be tempted to send a copy to VCS as well, as dodgy solicitors are quite happy to egg on their clients to go to court knowing they will lose, after all they still get paid.

You don't have to waste money on recorded delivery, but get a certificate of posting (free) from the post office.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'd edit it just a tiny bit.

Procedureicon

And it's a little late for New Years resolutions :lol:

Apart from that :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just copied and pasted ericsbrother's original wording, I did intend to check everything before typing it up :-)

I'll update the thread when I hear anything back...

• 2 weeks later...

***Latest Update***

I received a reply this morning from BWL (letter attached).

Excuse the quality of the image, it came all screw up in the post and it's difficult to get a good scan of it.

They say they still intend to pursue me, or the driver (not sure which), but interestingly they no longer mention any legal action.

Do you think that means they have given up on that route?

Is there anything I need to do at this stage or do I just ignore it for now unless they start mentioning legal action again?

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned if they do decide to take the legal route, but it would be good to know what the likely outcome is from here :smile:

Many thanks

bw chase letter june 2018.pdf

I suspect that this is their writhing death throes.

You notice that they ignored your deception statement largely because it is true I guess.

We haven't seen a copy of your NTK to see if they have alluded to POFA at all.

If they haven't then "pursing" you as keeper has less hope than Bob Hope of getting a result for them along with all the other hurdles that they cannot get over.

Sometimes it is just better to slink away with tail between legs than persist. IPC and its cronies at their finest.

How can the DVLA treat them seriously?

Heaven knows what the compensation would be for you if they do go to Court.

lookinforinfo said:
We haven't seen a copy of your NTK to see if they have alluded to POFA at all.

I didn't realise I'd never posted the NTK - apologies, it's attached now...

They don't mention POFA anywhere in the NTK, the back of the letter has info on how to pay or appeal but no mention of POFA at all.

Surely as lawyers these people must know they have zero chance of enforcing these invoices?

It makes me really angry that they are allowed to get away with trying to scare people into paying considerable sums of money with threats of CCJ's etc. when they know full well that it's not true :-(

It's one thing for a dodgy company to try that, but for lawyers to then get involved, and keep up the pretense, must flout some Law Society rules???

PCN NTK.pdf

Solicitors for hire ...paper tigers

and they

the solicitors will say that they only do what their clients instruct them to do.

If you have even taken on someone who has relied on their lawyers trying to distort the law you will find that they will say they were advised by their lawyers to do this or that even though it is supposed to be the other way round.

Its what you should done when you got the very first letter

Instead you entered into pointless letter tennis.......

The byelaws trump then

They cant enforce them

There is no such thing as no stopping.

You've got fo stop to read the signs....

and they

Sorry, you must be mistaking me for some other thread.

I've only sent 1 letter to them as I was advised to do in response to the Letter Before Action I received from BW Legal. I sent them the reply suggested by ericsbrother - this...

"Dear sirs,

Unfortunately for you I wasn't born yesterday so I won't be paying the demand to your client as both you and they know what I know and that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160 is just a nonsense.

As VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you tell your client to discontinue this foolishness and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedure as well.

Should they decide to continue then I shall be asking for a ful costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and the seek damages for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC dec 2016.

Even Will and John, the parking worlds worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon's stupidity and greed and presumably that is why you are wasting your ink on his behalf."

I've followed the advice on this thread to the letter - can't see the point in asking experienced people for advice then choosing to ignore it, that doesn't make sense to me.

Are you saying I shouldn't have replied to their LBA?

If you responded as indicated and they havent sued you then you can think it isnt likely they will be in a hurry to do so.

They are particularly dim when it comes to threats as VCS dont rely on the POFA to create a keeper lliability so they cnat threaten you with this as it doesnt exist.

Likewise the amount cant be £160 If they are claiming from the keeper as the POFA limits any claim to the amount on the NTK.

They are not really that thick, they are just greedy and hope that you dont know better.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Not had any new threats from BW Legal or VCS Ltd since my last post, but just want to update the thread with what has happened since I was last here...

BW Legal have somehow gotten hold of my email address and have sent me 2 emails within a week!

Don't have a clue where they might have got it from, I certainly didn't give it to them. I've only ever been in contact with them once when I wrote the letter (sent by post) to them that the guys on here recommended I write telling them to jog on.

It's no biggie, not looking for any advice on this one, just thought it might be of interest to anyone that keeps track of these companies activities.

Cheers

Edited by DragonFly1967
You should know better than that Ray :)

The only thing I'd suggest with your email is block their address, and do it in such a way as they know that it's been blocked. Auto-reply perhaps?

What I did to begin with (with DRP & Highview) was return an email to them that said.

My personal email address is not for any communication from you. Your address is blocked and anything that has been delivered has been deleted without being read. If you want to contact me you will need to use a suitable method of postage.

I then blocked them on my mail server, but that's a little more complex :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Yes I can block them on the mail server and send them an auto-reply each time they try to mail me. I am tempted to just mark their emails as spam, that way if enough people do the same, none of their emails will get through to anybody.

Forgot to mention in my last post they say they are contacting me about my account with VCS Ltd - must be the account I opened last time they had a half price sale :???:

these bandits may well try and harass you to get you to react somehow but dont rise to it.

They know that their hand is a busted flush and that is why they are dojg this.

VCS know they have no chance now but are going on the hope that having got a promise out of BWL that they are not as useless as Gladdys they want their moneys worth

• 9 months later...
On 15/04/2019 at 14:23, Baguettes54 said:

Thanks.  So you have saved me a letter.  As I do not intend to pay there is no value in writing at all!

I had the same issue with VCS at Liverpool Airport last year although I was the keeper, not the driver, of the car.

If you have a read of this post - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408248-vcs-pcn-liverpool-airport-no-stopping/#comments - you can read all the helpful advice I received.

If you go straight to comment #42 you can read the exact wording of the letter I sent to their lawyers (wording courtesy of EricsBrother if I remember right) after I received their Letter Before Action

Never heard a word from them after the letter apart from a couple of weird emails that were easily ignored.

Keep the faith...

Edited by _Ray_
  • Like 1

no change at JLA, the byelaws still trump their stupid signs and no stopping is still not a contract to park so lose lose for them.

They know this so may well eve go as far as issuing a court claim before they give up but only if you show you understand why their letter is a waste of ink.

You can sue tem for breach of the GDPR but again we would suggest that you leave that until after they have shot their bolt

• 2 years later...

please complete this

and they