x4l harassment and locked in gym

Raees
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you write a letter demanding for communications in writing only and they do not comply, i.e. by still emailing/phoning/texting, is that evidence of harassment ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Raees,

Are you genuinely interested in taking Harlands/X4Less to court to stop their harassment.

If so, we'll offer all the support and advice we can. Plus it's cheap !

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...

They last contacted me on the 20th of march threating to pass my case onto zinc if I didn't pay by the 27th. I didn't pay and its well past the 27th of march. radio silence since... nothing by email, text or writing.

Maybe zinc rejected their case or they just gave up.

I think this is over for good

Hi Raees,

I'd love to share your optimism but we've been dealing with Harlands long enough to know they come back after long periods of silence.

However, they may have been put off by the mention of court action in your case.

In any event, the longer they stay quiet, the less chance there is of them taking any action beyond the occasional begging letter.

Keep us posted on any contact ..........

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

You were right. They had stopped sending emails but it has been brought to my attention that they sent a letter to my family's house on the 9th of May (the address I provided to the gym when I signed up). Despite telling them my current address in my original letter.

It also seems they can't get their legal babble correct. It says in the T&C they only accept cancellations online. Here it says cancellations in writing only.

I assume I should just treat this as begging letter and ignore it, right?

33985742_359535224453331_1900595879715274752_n.jpg

33985742_359535224453331_1900595879715274752_n.png

Edited by Raees

you must redact things!!

hidden

we don't need to see it

very safe to totally ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you must redact things!!

hidden

we don't need to see it

very safe to totally ignore

I realized after I uploaded the letter I forgot to edit the address out.

But it won't let me delete the document.

Can you delete it for me please?

as I said they are already hidden only you and siteteam can see..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Raees,

You left the name and address showing but there was no need to post up their letter.

If they write to the old address again, you can simply write to Harlands/CRS saying :-

Please note you are using an old address despite having my current address already.

You should only write to my new address but be aware that I will not pay you anything more.

But don't respond at all for now - only if they use the old address again.

And don't worry about the detail in their T&C's or online - you offered to pay them and now the offer is withdrawn. End of !!

an unfair term isnt binding so online only? Nah, that wont stand up to scrutiny. Also they are deliberately using the old address to try and harass. They know who lives there, it is public information so they are hoping to cause embarrassment by using that addy. Once you have informed them they should correct their records you can go after them if they continue this silly game. The ICO would probably like an easy kill under its belt for showing how tough they are going to be regarding protection of personal data. Same goes with the harassment by text etc. combine the 2 and theywill find it difficult to say anything.

Hello,

You were right. They had stopped sending emails but it has been brought to my attention that they sent a letter to my family's house on the 9th of May (the address I provided to the gym when I signed up). Despite telling them my current address in my original letter.

It also seems they can't get their legal babble correct. It says in the T&C they only accept cancellations online. Here it says cancellations in writing only.

I assume I should just treat this as begging letter and ignore it, right?

• 3 weeks later...

This has been going on for 6 months and it doesn't look like they're going to stop anytime soon even though they went silent for 2 months.

Received an email from Harlands/CRS on 08/06/2018. It is the one threatening legal action or passing onto Zinc. Received the exact same email on the 27/02/2018. Word for word.

Also received phone call today and on 06/06/2018. Ofc I did not answer.

Text messages on 18/06/2018, 08/06/2018, 29/05/2018.

This is getting particularly annoying now. Is there anything I can do to stop them from contacting me ?

Well keep a log

Report and block the text as spam..number eludes me but its on the i c o website

Bounce the email and block them

and they

Hi Raees,

Received an email from Harlands/CRS on 08/06/2018. It is the one threatening legal action or passing onto Zinc. Received the exact same email on the 27/02/2018. Word for word.

This proves a point ! If they were remotely serious about taking any court action, they'd have done it in March as threatened.

Continue to ignore all forms of contact.

If that's not enough you can :-

1. Contact X4Less again threatening to name them as co-defendant with Harlands in court action.

2. If that doesn't work we can help you assess the case with a view to taking Harlands and the gym to court for harassing you.

They'll back off when they realise they're wasting their time.

I'm moving out of my apartment and back into my parents house for two months. I'll be moving into a different apartment in September.

Should I inform Harlands/CRS about this just incase they send mail to my old apartment?

Or is a postal redirect better.

You should inform everyone [esp those on your credit file and v5c and driving licence ] in 2 mts when you are finally settled .

Imho for now do a redirection THEN cancel it when you've sent all the letters you've moved

and they

Hi Raees,

Regarding ONLY Harlands, I would tell them you're moving to YP's address and leave it at that.

At least then YP's will tell you when you get post from Harlands/CRS so you can monitor what they're up to.

• 1 month later...

Hi Raees,

Sorry ........ IWO ??

Not sure what that is :oops:

In Writing Only

and they

Doh !! :doh:

You should inform everyone [esp those on your credit file and v5c and driving licence ] in 2 mts when you are finally settled .

Imho for now do a redirection THEN cancel it when you've sent all the letters you've moved

I'm moving into a new apartment on Saturday. I'm going to update everyone on my credit file about my relocation.

Should I also tell Harlands/CRS and Zinc? CRS have backed off but Zinc have been sending me a couple of phone calls. Ofc I keep ignoring them.

and any that are NOT on your credit file but were paid/used within the last 6yrs

they could of been defaulted years ago and got removed because the default reached it 6th birthday

doesn't mean they are statute barred yet and anyway SB doesn't stop people issuing claims to an old address if they don't know the new one.

as for this gym debt....why not email harlands

don't forget on all these letter

put their ref number and the original creditors name and ref number [ie 16 digit card number ]

its also worthy to put at the top

I deny any debt to you or your agents.

and they

sorry the lines in that post came out in the wrong order

2nd time today text file uploads have gone quirky

no don't give harlands your bank details no!

the post should have read.

and any that are NOT on your credit file but were paid/used within the last 6yrs

they could of been defaulted years ago and got removed because the default reached it 6th birthday

doesn't mean they are statute barred yet and anyway SB doesn't stop people issuing claims to an old address if they don't know the new one.

don't forget on all these letter

put their ref number and the original creditors name and ref number [ie 16 digit card number ]

its also worthy to put at the top

I deny any debt to you or your agents.

as for this gym debt....why not email Harlands

and they

Defo inform Harlands of your new address by letter or by email.

I'd simply tell them your old and your new addresses - that should enable them to correctly identify you.

That way, you continue to know what they're up to.