style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is a previous topic, i've searched the forum for this but not sure the best way to term the search.

My wife and I both went bankrupt in 2015

were discharged in 2016

(i should note that we were not married at the time and married shortly after the discharge)...

a year later i began looking at my credit record to see how bad the situation was and noticed a few incorrect entries on my file.

i spoke to Experian about sorting out the records who then also wrote to all my previous creditors asking them to update all their records.

over a few weeks i noticed that although all the old accounts on my file were still marked as defaulted,

the amounts owing were all changed to £0

i assume because these were written off in the bankruptcy.

This happened on all accounts except 2 of them,

these 2 were:

Shortly after i had contacted Experian the "PRA Group" debt started writing to me asking me to settle the account to "improve my file"

there was nothing threatening just the usual annual account statement that they say they have to send me.

I heard nothing from the "Three Communications" debt until last week

when they sent me an offer letter to get the account settled, again "to help improve my circumstances"

Curiously i noticed that the three communications account has now completely disappeared from my experian file.

I have checked the paper work and both these accounts were in the bankruptcy...

I have some questions about these experiences.

1. Wouldn't it be a breach of my bankruptcy to pay these creditors and therefore...

2. Do i have the right to send them a letter back telling them where to get off..

3. Do i have the right to ask them to zero the account like all my other creditors have

so that my defaulted credit balance is now £0 (even if it as compensation for harrassing me)

Many Thanks for any help.

Mark

If included in Bankruptcy and they were confirmed as being "Written Off" then i think telling them Foxtrot OScar is the right thing to do :)

As for the others, having a friend who went through a DRO - hard to say. I think they should at least be updated to Satisfied i believe...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Agree if included in Bankruptcy and confirmed tell them where to go but also notify the Trustee/Official Receiver that was dealing with the Bankruptcy of this as well.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

as long as the debts have a defaulted date at or before the BK date

whatever is there is not hurting you nor effecting your score.

as for asking for payment.

I would expect this was dealt with direct to three and they've not updated the file.

thus the powerless fleecers know know different either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...