Pregnant and bad at their job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I expect to be shot down in flames for this post but I need some advice.

After years of working in the public sector, I'm now in the private. I've been in post for 2 months on probation, at my last review it was intimated to me I'm not going to pass.

It's a shame as I'm doing my best and am enjoying the role. However, I've just discovered I'm pregnant. I've had a friend who did the same, about to be sacked from her job for incompetence but told the boss in the meeting that she was pregnant and if she was let go she'd sue him for 'protected characteristics' of being female and pregnant - therefore untouchable! This worked out well for her, she got a massive pay-off! But her employer was a really small 3 man band.

I'm working for a massive multi-national, so do you think it will make it easier or harder? And when do you think I should drop the 'get-outta-jail-free' bombshell? In the capability meeting, or before.

I don't want to get my timing wrong, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'm sorry but it seems to me that you are asking us for some help to manipulate the rules and your employer's policy in order to avoid losing your job.

I don't think that's what we're here for

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks