style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've attempted to post this in the bankruptcy forum but the site won't allow it for some reason (possible bug?)

Anyway, im looking for advice on how to move on with my current debt situatiuon

I have 33k of current debt and 44k of historical debt, so 77k all in

It's almost all on credit cards are from the following:

WTC overpayment

Housing benefit overpayment

02/Lowell

Two overdrafts

Im currently dealing with two court matters due to historical debts and when i look at all the accounts over the years i owe money on i feel im left with no option but to go bankrupt

I own no property

I don't drive so have no car

I own nothing over the value of £800 (which i believe is the threshold)

Im also on long term ESA and claiming housing benefit too so my income is next to nothing at present

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts?

Cheers

Bankruptcy decisions are really best not to be discussed on online forums. You need to speak to a qualified insolvency practitioner, who will run through all of your finances/debts, enabling you to decide whether to proceed or not. You need to fully understand how to include all debts allowable for bankruptcy and about the whole process.

I am sure if you searched, you will find a local bankruptcy practitioner, who will help you. It does seem to be rationale choice in your position.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

unless your debts can be successfully challenged, eg ppi, charges, barred, unenforceable etc, to effectively reduce it all down to something manageable, and you're able to go through doing such (thinking of what you posted before re your health), then bank'y may well be the way forward.

all depends on your full circumstances.

as said above, get as much independent advice as poss.

good luck.

Thread moved the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as said above, get as much independant advice as poss.

good luck.

This is what i'm confused about, i know all my debt apart from two benefit related ones can be included. I know the costing and time scale but i honestly thought it was as straight forward as going through the online process at gov.uk

What else would i need to know considering i own no property and i'm on a very low income/benefits?

as uncleb posted, perhaps get formal advice to see what for sure can be included; eg cab, national debtline, practitioner, etc

then go through the process if thats what's best for you in your circumstances.