MMF chasing QQ debt subject to iressponsible lending claim from dec 2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all

I wonder if you can help?

Last week I received a letter from our friends at MMF chasing a quick quid loan and threatening a CCJ.

This made me take my head out of the sand and decide to do something

– but I fear I might be too late

I had 15 loans from QQ from December 2010 to the last one in (which was an extension of an existing loan taken out in Dec 2011) in March 2012, which I didn’t pay to break the cycle.

I have paid over £3k in interest.

I took a loan out every month which was an increase or an extension.

At the time they lent to me, whilst I was on a good salary,

due to mental health issues I was in total financial disarray.

I was on a DMP with debts of approx. £38k,

I had 8 defaults and also debts with Wonga (written off) and Payday UK (paid in full).

QQ never reported a default to any CRA

(although they did send me a default notice y email in june 2012)

to be honest with sorting out all the other messes I conveniently forgot about them until MMF kindly got in touch.

further to the MMF letter I wrote to QQ to complain about IL and had a standard template reply saying its past 6 years so we don’t have to do anything go to the FOS.

I also wrote to MMF informing them I didn’t acknowledge the debt,

that the account was in dispute and asking for the loan agreement.

They have agreed to put the account on hold for 30 days.

So my questions are

1) is it worth going to the FOS after all this time?

I have evidence of my financial state at the time as kept a couple of old Credit reports,

I could get bank statements (not sure if they will help my case due to my salary and borrowing) but cant do this until pay day,

2) have I now acknowledged the debt by putting the claim in thus resetting the clock

3) as I paid to extend the loan in march 2012 does this count as a new loan (asking as this would be under the 6 year mark?)

4) would it be worth just offering MMF a low FFS figure I really do want to avoid a CCJ or default or do they have to wait for the FOS complaint

I have worked so hard for the last 10 years to pull myself out of this mess and am nearly at the finishing line ,

I really don’t want to give up without a fight.

TBH i dont want any cash back just acknowledgement that the last loan is unenforceable

moved to the MMF forum.

pers i'd ignore them

and no they cant put a default on your file if the one placed by QQ has already reached 6yrs and the loan is no longer showing.

which account number are MMF claiming you owe money on..

and when did you take it out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, it is very much appreciated:-)

just to clarify a default was never entered at any CRA for this debt but i did receive a notice of default.

I think they are referring to a QQ loan originally taken out in jan 12 which i continually rolled forward last payment was made in March 12, but the idiots have sent me the Credit agreement for a previous loan so i am waiting for a bank statement to prove that it was paid but i am guessing they will catch up!!

The last correspondence with QQ was in July 2012 when i tried to set up a payment plan - so that would, i guess, be the date from which the statute barred clock starts as the debt was acknowledge in writing - albeit email

is it worth going to the FOS for irresponsible lending and should i challenge QQ for the knock back as the last loan WAS taken out with in the 6 year period?

MMF have agreed to put my account on hold for 30 days

like i said i paid the loan back and well over £3k in interest - i really dont want to pay those cockroaches any more (sorry if i have offended any cockroaches)

email does not reset SB.

i'd go with an IRL claim to QQ

and ignore the powerless MMF

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...