• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cabot/Lloyds Reconstituted CCA

ghoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, first post time and I'm hoping someone with way more knowledge than me might be able to help.

I've a Lloyds loan from 2008 that was sold to Cabot

they say I still owe £12k on

I was making payments towards until April'17

I contacted Cabot for my CCA,

waited 40 days then stopped payment,

now just a few days ago they have sent me a reconstituted version which they say complies along with various copies of payments made to Lloyds and Cabot themselves.

I've attached the CCA they sent me.

All signitures and addresses are correct and the debt in no longer showing on my credit file, but I've no idea about the rest of it

Can someone who knows about these reconstituted CCA's please take a look and let me know your thoughts as whether this is valid please and what migh optiosn might be?

Last part of attachments

Sorry, I've compiled them into one pdf an attached here.

CCA-Recon.pdf

you say they state that's a reconstructed agreement?

but it has your sig

and that is the agreement that you remember returning?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't remember the exact agreement

it was signed in the bank itself,

they clearly state that they have sent a reconstructed version in a cover letter.

I noticed that they have pages 1-6

but where it's actually signed has no page number and was separate in the envelope.

tell us the full history please

dates too please

what and to whom you were paying and when.

and how you got to start paying cabot

why didn't you send a CCa request then?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lloyds £20k loan - July 2008 until September 2009 - -£363.29 per month

Lloyds via Payplan October 2009 until April 2010 - £115.14 per month

Lloyds via Payplan May 2010 until December 2010- £117.42 per month

Debt sold to Cabot January 2011

Cabot January 2011 until September 2011 - £117.42 per month

Cabot October 2011 until January 2013 - £122.31 per month

Cabot February 2013 until August 2014 - £40.77 per month

Cabot September 2014 until August 2015 - £43.37 per month

Cabot September 2015 until August 2016 - £46.60 per month

Cabot September 2016 until January 2017 - £47.28 per month

Cabot February 2017 until April 2017 - £10.30 per month

Cabot May 2017 until Now - £0 per month

As for the CCA request,

probably just like a lot of other people,

I never knew that you could request and challenge the situation this way.

ruddy payplan again

never check why the OC sold the debt on

and didn't take you to court.

id get an SAR running to Lloyds

get all the statements.

and they

I dropped payplan in April'17 as I realised they were no good as well.

Does the fact that Lloyds sold the debt on probably indicate that what Cabot supplied is no good?

I don't understand why they have a signed part but none of the rest and how can I be sure that the terms and conditions are correct?

I would state it was correct......its none cancellable (as stated on page 6) because you signed on the banks premises.....stated in the blank signatory page and also your signed signature page (Page 6).The font is the same and the blank page 6 is exactly the same as the signed page 6.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Bit late coming back, but thank you to everyone for taking your time to look and help.

In the mean time I've have had a complaint upheld by Lloyds about the debt and that unfair charges were applied.

Part of the compensation included adjusting how much of the debt was owed and that they have informed Cabot to adjust the amount owed to reflect the decision.

Lloyds told me via letter that Cabot have agreed to this, except they have not done it or let me know anything about it.

Does this mean I can now dispute the amount owed with Cabot and how would I go about as I have proof with the Llloyds letter?

when was the last time cabot poked you

and what was/is owed now

and they

Yesterday they rang me but i didnt awnser it as I've already told them numerous times that I only communicate via letter

the last letter I received was at the beginning of February'18.

They still say I owe £12k but it should be 11k if the Lloyds compensation was applied.

I haven't paid anything since April'17.

I would state it was correct......its none cancellable (as stated on page 6) because you signed on the banks premises.....stated in the blank signatory page and also your signed signature page (Page 6).The font is the same and the blank page 6 is exactly the same as the signed page 6.

Andy

Had another letter from lloyds today from another complaint that says the loan was cancellable.

Does this mean now the cca terms are wrong?

Well if it was signed on the creditors premises...which you confirmed it was..its a none cancellable agreement....only agreements made off the premises..by phone or internet are generally cancellable.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1987/2117/made

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread