Ukpc windscreen pcn - Parked in Disabled bay - No BB - Valley Retail Park Croydon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK 'chargeback' thank-you - I'll ask my brother to contact the bank - would you kindly explain exactly what to say - I assume I say it's a breach of contract ?

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back..-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

has he reported this to his bank and demanded that the bank do a recharge yet?

when he does this he should send a letter to them stating why this action has occurred and that if they persist he wil claim that the contract for the lease is repudiated by their actions and they can have the vehicle back

• 4 weeks later...

go do a DD guarantee reclaim

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, if your Brother wanted a stick to beat them with (the lease company I mean) he's now got one. They have broken the terms of their own contract.

As dx says, your Brother should ask his bank to claw back the money, the lease company had no rights to pay it, no necessity to pay it, and nothing in the lease agreement to say that they would/could do so. It's not a fine, penalty or other statutory charge, so they've got it wrong.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks for the speedy advice!

Much appreciated.

How do I moved to conclude this?

I'm concerned as this is stressful for my brother and also for me,

it takes his secretary time to write letters and mess around with the bank .

..the letters are pretty mean from UKPC.

I think my brothers getting really fed up :(.

As far as UKPC are concerned, this is probably all over and done with. They've been paid by the leasing company, so they've got their pound of flesh. They won't care who paid them.

The only option now is to go after the leasing co who had no right or necessity to pay UKPC's invoice.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

so if you were me and want to close this with least amount of agro what would you do?

1) Go to bank and request a refund from the DD by lease company .....then what?

terminate the contract with the lease company?

you can do the DD guarantee clawback over the phone

use their 24/7 phone banking service

simply state they sent NO notification of the increased amount.

and CANCEL the DD too.

then write and dump the lease company yes..

and they

Ok thanks DragonFly1976

- this sounds like hassle for my brother?

what should we do to go after the leasing company to bring this matter to a close?

I'm happy to terminate the contract and return my car.

you had a month and you are now complaining they are doing what they said they would

. Well, you pair should have been on top of this.

Your brother still has the same rights as he had before just that he is now having to get the bank to reclaim more money

It is no good asking us for advice and then doing nothing with it,

READ DF's post and pull your fingers out and do something.

Oh no before I got a chance to write that letter to the lease company they have taken more money from my brother via direct debit - this is really getting dreadful now :( They have charged £100 plus £30 admin fee.

also,

least amount of aggro?

you are causing yourselves the problems by not being active in this matter.

Hi DX100 & EricsBrother thanks for the advice

To clarify, we have written to the lease company twice, as well as email, once telling them he was prepared to sue, but not a third time.

I've asked my brother to call the bank to claw back that money via ChargeBack.

I'll ask my brother if he can terminate the contract - the issue is he has other cars and this may cause a problem for him.

@DX100 anything in particular I need to put in writing when dumping the lease company?

aside from mentioning they breached the contract.

If my brother doesn't want to terminate with the lease company, due to the other vehicles and staff transport, do we have any other options?

Thanks again

not chargeback

DD guarantee

and they

@dx100 thank-you for the correction - i.e. DD Guarantee. Can I explore the options a little further with you so that I'm clear of options and consequences?

What happens if we don't dump the lease company (i.e. due to my brothers other vehicles for staff)?....should I just return my car?

Do we have any other options to bring this to a close?

Thanks again for your help

the lease company has broken their contract

read the last few dragonfly posts carefully

so he pays for all the cars in one go? one payment

or sep payments for each [each has its own DD mandate

and they

For ease... You = you or your brother.

It's up to you whether or not you hand your vehicle back. Either way, they can't say that you are the one breaching the contract because they've already done that.

When I said that you should now go after the lease company, what I actually meant was for an apology and your money back. Now, the money should be clawed back by your bank under the DD Guarantee, the lease company won't like it, so you need to write to them to point out why they were wrong, why they shouldn't have paid UKPC and that they had no right to do so.

If the threat is there to hand vehicles back due to their breach of their own contract, all the better. It'll be far cheaper for them to accept the loss of the £100 that they've paid to UKPC than it would be to have X number of vehicles dumped back on them.

If the lease company won't back down, it may take a LBA and even a county court claim to force their hand, though don't threaten it if you're not prepared to go through with it. They certainly won't want to pay what it would cost them to defend a claim, and that's also to your advantage.

Your only other option is the loss of £145. Up to you really, it's your money. :|

the contract with the lease co is for this vehicle, the lease wont cover all and sundry so it wont affect any other vehicle. Stop inventing excuses to do nothing and bemoan your lot when it is entirely in your hands to put an end to this.

another thing- do you seriously think they will want to take back a load of secondhand cars and lose a fortune and possibly be sued for tens of thousands over an error of their making just to prove they are more pig headed than you?

• 2 weeks later...

@ericsbrother it's not entirely in my hands as it's my brothers company and they engage with him. My brother doesn't have time to spend on this ..he's far too busy, he doesn't have time to fight this, it's a nuisance and distraction. I'm asking questions and exploring options - not inventing problems, this is a problem.

I am aware of that, the wording in the advice is generic to the problem so you can substitute him for you or whatever. I think you have missed the point of the above comment though, my suggestion was that as the lease co have breached the conditions your bro can return the vehicle with no penalty. If everyone who ever got one of these demands did exactly that the lease co would be stuck with thousands of unuasble unsellable cars so they would have to reconsider ther position.

My son in law AND his brother have both got tickets for this car park and UKPC went quiet on the matter so it is not the parking that is now giving him grief but the lease co. He either wants to deal with it or he accepts that he has been shafted and swallows the loss. Whatever choice he makes he shouldnt complain afterwards about how unfair it all is. We give advie but we cant force people to act upon it, however, I dont accept that he is too busy top deal with it, it is a business matter like paying his taxes on time and so forth so you have to make time.