Ukpc windscreen pcn - Parked in Disabled bay - No BB - Valley Retail Park Croydon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Can anyone kindly advise -

Parking Charge of £100 received for not displaying BB in Disabled Space, at night in a large Retail Park from UKPC.

I don't have a BB and I'm not disabled.

I didn't see any signs for UKPC in that area and it was very dark

- I only saw them afterward driving home once I had received the ticket.

I took a photo to demonstrate that there were no signs in front of the car.

Should I just ignore this. Or should I contact UKPC to say that I wish to contest this.

I parked there because it was late at night and the car park was extremely busy and as I didn't see any enforcement I didn't think it would be a problem.

I was rushing to meet a friend and didn't want to be late for the cinema.

The vehicle is not owned by me - it's a leased vehicle via my brother's firm.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The very first thing you need to do is upload a pdf of the notice you have received. Blank out all personal and identifiable information and make sure we can see both sides if they have printed anything on the back too...

Do NOT respond to UKPC until the experts here have had a chance to check out the paperwork...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

please complete the above so we have all the info to correctly advise you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

should be easy

there no such thing as Blue badges on Private Land

They are for On Street Council parking

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

several things to think about.

Is the keeper of the vehicle up for fighting this,

you say it is a lease vehicle so who will get the NTK when you ignore this ticket

because we dont want the contract co paying up and then adding unlawful costs on to your brother's bill.

Now,

if the firm is a Ltd co then it is easier to deal with because there is no company liability in these matters

because the term "keeper" in the POFA is an individual and no individual would then own it.

I have dealt with other tickets for the same reason for the same place and after they have spent their time sending out letters they have gone quiet when told that the money isnt forthcoming because......

and then a list of reasons such as no idication they are offering you a contract

because the signage there is placed in such a way you dont see it when entering the land,

merely in some areas off the little roundabout in the middle of the parking area and even then that can only be seen when entering certain sections.

Likewise, the disabled parking area doesnt have the correct sigange to determine that you need a blue badge

( that would be a contractual term) to park in any specific bays

as others say,

the BB scheme doesnt apply to private land and there are no markings there that are universally applicable as a CoP so any demand for one has to be clearly specified on every bay that they want included and they fail on that front.

Speak to your bro and ask him if he is up for a fight,

he can always name you as the driver at the time if he isnt but for the moment wait a month for his letter through the post as they normally get that wrong as well.

The come back here and we can take it for there but for the moment dont contact them in any way but esp not by email or phone

Hi there,

Thanks 'EricsBrother' for your advice -

I'll need to check with my brother if he's up for fighting it - I'm guessing he will as long as it doesn't cause him agro or costs and we have a good chance of winning.

Who will get the NTK - i don't know.

But, I would imagine if they can track it correctly it would firstly go to the lease company,

which would then be sent to my brother's company and his P.A. would open it and know that this is the car I'm driving.

So I've warned her something may arrive and asked her to send it to me.

Yes, that's right I don't want to incur any costs from debt collectors or admin fees etc.

Is my brothers company a Ltd company - I think so will check it asap.

So just to be clear your advice is take no action whatsoever right now - just sit and wait for them to contact me in writing.

Does everyone agree that this is the best course of action here?

Thanks

Ok checked def Ltd Company.

THIS IS A PARKING CHARGE FROM UKPC

DATE 20-1-2018

Did I appeal yet? - no I've done nothing - so therefore I don't have an NTK yet

Who is the parking company - UKPC – i.e. UK PARKING CONTROL LTD. UXBRIDGE

They'll try to add on debt collection fees and any other figures that they can pull out of a hat. But that doesn't mean that you'll be paying any of them :wink:

Correct. The Leasing company will get the NTK first (unless your Brothers company is shown as the keeper in which case he will).

Don't appeal anything until you know if your Brother is up for a fight, and if he is, until he receives the NTK.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have a notice to keeper arrived 26/2/2018 - but dated 22/2/2018.

The lease company have sent this to my brothers company - they are charging him £15 plus VAT admin for sending this notice to them. The lease company say that I must pay the fine or notify them of appeal prior to the due date (i'm not sure when this is ...assume it's 28 days from 22/2/2018)

So I assume I should call the lease company and tell them I plan to appeal (otherwise they will pay and charge me an admin fee on top).

Please advise on how to best proceed. Thanks in advance.

where does it say FINE please?

and they

you are making things worse for your brother by using the word FINE when it isnt. By doing so you make it seem as though there is some legitimacy to this and that will make the lease co want to do what they want and claim the money back. Stop it now and get your brother to do a bit of research on this place, UKPC and private parking in general.

Where he was parked the entrance to the private land doesnt have signs indicating he is being offered a contract, they are only evident at the small roundabout where you can turn left to park in front of the cinema and this sign is easily missed as it is not illuminated. The disabled spaces in front of the cinema are not signed properly either. It is my experience that UKPC often go quiet when this is raised with them but not always. Now your brother should go back and photograph the site, signs and road markings and read the signage so he can determine whether he has entered into a contract with them or not.

You cant do anything unless he names you as the driver so best get him to startr doing somehting to help himself by popinting out this thread for starters

Edited by DragonFly1967
Spacing. Content unchanged.

Thanks for your comments. I used the word 'fine' incorrectly on this site, I've not used that word anywhere else - you are correct that word is not used on the 'Notice to Keeper' it says parking charge. The language used in the letter from the lease company says charge and fees.

ericsbrother -'where he was parked'.. I was parked, not my brother. I wouldn't expect him to take time to photograph this area I can do that since this is my issue.

I'm not clear on the way forward here - are you saying my brother should name me as the driver? Please would you kindly clarify this?

Thank-you

You, or your brother have had the Notice to Keeper (or Hirer in this case). There should be space on that form somewhere to tell the parking cretins who was driving the vehicle.

The only way to remove the lease company and your brother(s company) from the loop is to be named as the driver. This means that the cretins have to deal with you directly.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

So my next steps should be to contact the Lease company to tell them I am the driver, that I am appealing and that they can pass my name to UKPC?

- I don't see anything on the form to provide this...just info on how to pay the fees

Edited by FantasticDay

You should firstly tell the leasing company that this is not a fine, penalty or statutory charge and therefore, as invoices are not covered under the lease agreement (check that first) you'd like your £15+VAT back (or credited, or cancelled) pronto. And that they'd best not make any moves to pay these bandits.

Also tell the lease company that the invoice is going to be appealed, and then as per the notice (there's usually a space for this on the back of the form, maybe they're trying to save on ink :lol:) appeal to UKPC as the driver (not normally recommended) but that's the only way to get the lease company out of the loop.

Dear Cretins..

I have received your invoice dated XX/XX/XX as driver of the vehicle.

The vehicle was not parked contrary to any visible signage and as the blue badge scheme has no relevance on private land, either cancel this ticket forthwith or give me a POPLA code.

Signed

The driver.

Don't actually sign it

-

It really doesn't matter on what grounds you appeal to UKPC, they'll reject it anyway, there's no profit in allowing appeals. But it removes the lease company from the loop and means that you can then fight this yourself without having to worry about your brother getting raggy with you or the lease company and any charges that they might try to add on.

Hi there - many thanks for the advice, I'm writing the letter now. How should UKPC send me the POPLA code? - am I to put my residential address on this letter, I just want to check before adding personal information ... or should I leave it blank and let them send it to the lease company?

your address

and they

Yep, your address. You don't want the lease company involved at all. They'll try to charge your bother(s company) for anything that they do, so best to get them out of the picture completely.

• 1 month later...

Hi there

So I’m feeling a bit worried about this now as I’ve received another letter from the lease company. The lease company says they received a ‘rejection notice’; if another demand for payment is received they will pay it +£25 + VAT :(

Cretins say - transfer liability from lease company - it’s been rejected - paperwork does not comply - section 13, para 4, section of the Freedoms Act 2012 - did not have include a compliant statement of liability

can you scan it up to pdf please

read upload

and they