Zenith Insurance problems with no claim discount

Blondmusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Fiancé's son has held a car insurance policy with Zenith insurance for almost a year.

He already had at least 2 years no claim discount when he changed to Zenith.

He has had to make 2 claims on the policy through no fault of his own.

His first claim was in February 2017 when a neighbour ran into his parked car and did not report the incident.

He called the police who got the details of the other driver and his insurance details.

This was filmed on CCTV which is attached to my Fiancé's house.

His second claim was in October 2017.

We were out for the day in 2 of our Mini Coopers and we parked up at Hellifield Train Station to see my Fiancé's dad.

We went onto the platform of the station and were only gone for 10 minutes.

When we returned to the cars we found both windscreens were smashed and there was bodywork damage.

Police were called and then the insurance companies.

His insurance were happy to recover the car but they left him stranded as they would only take him to the nearest train station or bus station to let him get home.

He had no money so ended up having to wait with us.

He was then left without a car for 4 days while the damaged to his car was assessed.

This left him unable to travel to his mothers or attend appointments as he had to ask me and his dad to take him.

My fiancé's insurance recovered the car and got us all home safe.

The individual who caused the damage to the mini coopers was caught on CCTV attached to a house by the train station car park.

The police caught the individual who had to pay back his excess as the police used restorative justice.

Now at renewal Zenith are refusing to quote and refusing to give him his no claims discount which I think is unfair as neither of the claims were his fault.

Can anyone help?

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Its a no claims bonus, not no blame bonus.

Agree, but I would add that I would be asking Insurers to explain why no recovery of the first claim payout had been recovered from the third parties Insurers. Or were they not Insuresd, so recovery would be against MIB. Worth asking the question.

With the second claim, was this a windscreen claim only or was there other damage that was paid out ? If there was damage other than windscreen, then it might be difficult for insurers to reciver against a vandal. I know some Insurers don't penalise polcyholders no claims discounts for vandalism claims e.g Direct Line ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

First claim was against the other insurer so it should have been paid out.

Second claim there was more than just the windscreen damaged. The windscreen, bonnet, grill, bumper and scuttle panel were all replaced.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool: