style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I must have done all forums upon the subject I guess.

Got caught with unpayed wallet, wort 12Ph,

security stopped me at the door..

not to repeat similar story.

Took me to small room,

I immediately gave the wallet,

they didnt check I had other things all payed..

never did that before,

I was totally embarrassed .

They mentioned the police,

they could call but wont..

I was out my self and begged them constantly to pay for the thing.

They got it back, undamaged, totally resealable.

Mentioned RLP,

and I was asking how much,

they dont know???

How can a staff ,

they work for RLP ,

dont know..

gave all truthfull info.

Now my concern,

Im not from UK, Im EU , just came for holidays.

I gave the ID, mobile,

he wasnt happy I dont have UK mobile,

but explained dont need one as I have free all over EU calls..

And said more than once Im not living here, ore lying about living.

I can easily proof that.

they insisted I gave them FRIENDs adress Im staying with .

Of course, I dont want them anything to do with my doings,

I made a mistake to give it,

I might as well stay at the hostel.

.First letter came,

I asked a friend to send me unopen.

.I made something up.

How to stop letters arriving at the address where I dont live,

isnt that illegal to bother people who are in no way connected to me when I gave them my ID and made no lays about it.

. I cant have any control about what they are sending.

..Im very tempted to call RLP and explain that they have to send all on my reall adress..

How to do that in best possible way..

Of course Im banned for a year,

but that doesnt worry me much

.I mean ,

I would pay,

now Im sorry they didnt call the police as I would pay nothing, ore 50Ph , max 80, as I checked for 1st time offenders less than 100PH.

I HAVE THIS SCENARIO THAT NEXT TIME I ENTER ENGLAND, LONDON, PLANNING TO COME IN SEPTEMBER

,I WILL BE HANDCUFFED AT THE BORDER LIKE A CRIMINAL ORE TAKEN BY POLICE.

Dont know how they ended up in the 1st letter I should pay 150Ph..

And I really cant afford this..

How can they be above UK law which would fine me for 80 max.

150 is crazy,

Im studying,

Im unemployed,

I was angry on the system caus day prior to my arrival some shady company took more than 500PH from my account and still the bank didnt return money..

Im not proud but I made a really stupid mistake.

If Im living hier,

I would ignore letters as all all suggested,

but as Im not UK

I m so tempted to call ore write to send all my letters to my home, outside UK.

Its not my fault living abroad

.. I would pay a sum up to 100,

but all above is just to much.

Any advice?

I dread entering the country and I had plans to come with my boyfriend.

He would be utterly disapointed as he thinks Im like some saint.

There are no threads on tourist, foreigners getting the RLP letters.

Thank you

Edited by never
corection

nothing anyone can do to you.

RLP are NOT THE PLOICE

they ABSOLUTELY ZERO LEGAL POWERS.

throw the letters in the bin.

forget it ever happened.

but stop shop lifting!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, I am glad you recognise that what you did was wrong and you will not do this again, will you!!

The ONLY way to stop the letters going to the UK address is to WRITE to RLP giving them your home address. I don't normally advise anyone write to them but in your case, it may help.

To expand on the comments made by Dx, There is a vast difference between criminal claims and civil claims. Yours being the latter. The police were not involved therefore nothing Criminal will come of this. You won't be stopped at the border due to this matter-ever!

RLP prey on the ignorance of people who do not know the law and the difference between which type of law as mentioned above. As this is a civil claim, TKMaxx (NOT RLP) would have to prove a loss and they won't be able to as they got the goods back. RLP will claim that you would be paying a contribution to the costs of security as the cost of your action will be between £300 and £500 sterling. Total fabrication as security costs are catered for in the prices people pay at the till and they are business costs that would have to be paid even if they never caught a shoplifter.

TKMaxx security staff are not employed by RLP and as such have no idea of what the charge would be.

On to the letters. You will receive quite a few over the next few months and I would like to see them to see if they have changed over the last couple of years. As you get them, are you able to post them here BUT remove all identifiable information and that includes bar codes, reference numbers and (obviously) your name and address. This will help us to help others.

Once RLP run out of letters to send, they pass the case over to a debt collector. These debt collectors have no special powers over you and their letters can be ignored.

The bottom line is:

1 You are free to come and go as you please.

2 You will not be arrested.

3 RLP have no power over you.

4 Debt collectors can't do anything to you.

5 There will be no civil court case.

All we ask is that you stop shoplifting and if you want to cleanse your soul, donate some money to charity or us (we always need donations)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you so much,

I never took anything,

was just angry somebody had taken money out of my account and I somehow made a mistake to think I can do something, totally stupid.

I will send a letter,

its absolutely the same as I saw in other forums.

Just even larger sum of 150 for stuff of 12 Ph.

Now I know they should have all on camera in the little room,

where I was obviously totally communicative,

didnt lay ore pretend and begged them to pay .

I guess I should really call them tomorrow , they must send letters to my real address, dont they?

I really dont wont to disturb people in the house in London and want to have some control over it.

I read that by new law Police will now deal even through post for such minor offences, thefts under 200

thank you,

so you are 100% positive I will be ok and ignore.

I was even thinking turning myself in and pay the police what I should do by the law not by some private company made up rules

there are no new police laws

and even if there were they are not and cannot not be involved in your case

write a very simply one line letter to RLP

stating your overseas address

NOTHING ELSE

then ignore them.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again.

Im trying to upload the letter, through attachment in Go Advanced down, but it just won't upload. Any help how to do it

I gave them my ID, its all info they need .

Together with my home adress, city, country,

they just insisted on London based adress ,

cause they I guess saw its complicated,

i repeated few times Im not living in London,

Im going home in few days.

I was scared of police and would donate blood in that moment.

They have my real adress just keep choosing uk one

You think writing to them is better than a phone call ,which I would record?

read upload

must be PDF.

one letter, only to them.

state clearly the UK address was a friends address you were staying at whilst visiting the UK.

you returned to [overseas address] on date.

should you send further mailto this uk address [state it clearly]

then the matter will be escalated as harassment through the relevant legal system.

and they

To add to what dx says, don't think about ringing RLP. They could well talk you round in circles and try to upset you, it's not worth it.

Don't use email either, it would make it easier for them to harass you and without paying the costs of a letter.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Dear Ms...

Letter before claim

We have been instructed by tk maxx in relation to the incident at .......on ......where it was alleged you where involved in Theft of goods. As you are aware you where apprehended as a result of your actions.

Your conduct gives our client the right to pursue a civil claim for "DAMAGES" against you in the County Court as this caused a significant disruption to our clients bussiness at those premises.

Our client has sustained losses as a result of your wrongfull actions which include the value of the goods,

if not recovered or fit for resale;

the cost of the diversion of its staffs time and associated security and administration costs.

The average cost to our client of an incident this nature is between 300 and 500Ph,

before taking into account any goods ore cash not recovered.

Please read the attached information in conjunction with this letter.

Recovering the goods ore cash doesnt mean our client has suffered no loss.

Our client is entitled to seek to recover from you the cost of the disruption to its bussines caused by your wrongfull acts.

This cost is calculated by reference to,

amongst other things ,

the time spent by staff observing,

apprehending ,

interviewing you ,

and undertakin all necessary internal and external procedures thereafter.

Given the value of the claim,

our client is required to proces it expediently,

cost effectively and proportionally.

A fixed contribution to all losses is therefore sought in sum 149,50.

This doesnt include any amount for the property ore cash as these were fully recovered.

This is a civil claim and separate from any criminal proceedings ore police action.

If you believe you have a Defence,

ore there are other factors you wish taken into consideration,

please advise us and provide any evidence in support,

within 21 days.

You will appreciate,

our client can only take into consideration information if it si provided.

Our client relies upon its investigation file and the evidence of its personnel to prove its claim.

If you require further information to understand the claim against you,

ore think that this letter is in any way defective,

please let us know within the next 7 days.

We are required to refer you to the practice Directon for pre-action Conduct which has been published in the civil Procedure Rules 1998.

The Court has power to impose sanctions on any party who fails to comply with the Practice Direction.

There is an obligation upon each party to set out their case in full,

to exchange documents and information,

and generaly to engage in attempts to settle this dispute withou the need of Court proceedings.

We are required to inform you that ignoring this letter may lead to our client starting proceedings which may well increase your liability for legal costs.

We recomment you take independent legal advice if you are in any way unsure of your position.

We have put your case on hold for 21 days for you to consider your following options:

*If you believe you have a Defence, to provide the details along with any evidence upon which you rely

*Of there a reother factors you wish to be taken into consideration, to provide the details

*Setle the claim by paying the amount stated 149,50(see revese)

*Contact our Collections Department to discus payment options to settle the claim (see reverse)

*Negotiate an alternative settlment by contacting our Collecton Department

*advise if you require more time to take legal ore other advice and cosider your position

We look forward to receiving your response.

Please ensure you send correspondence to us, and not to our client directly.as this will cause unecessary delay .

yours faightfully

Retail loss prevention limited

ok I typed the first and most important page, you are worth doing that. there is no pdf in uploads...I will write a letter..

thanks

usual twaddle they sent

lots of copies of that exact word for word letter here already.

utter twaddle!!

and they

To give you some idea of what rubbish they are talking, RLP convinced a certain retailer (Cannot name them) to sue two teenage girls in the county courts which is where civil claims are held. The retailer sent a solicitor and RLP snet a few as well. They lost the case as they could not prove the loss,

Since that time (2012) there have been no other cases referred to court.

RLP want a British address so they can send the letters. Although they have no power over you, they think they do and know that it is pointless contacting a foreign address. When you WRITE your letter, please send it by a traceable means for your country so that you can confirm they have received it. IF, after receiving the letter, they continue to write to the UK address whilst knowing that you are not there, they can be reported to the police for harassment. Under no circumstances ring them OR email them. Snail Mail, or normal post as we like to believe is the best and only way to communicate with them.

With regards to the police. I think you read it wrong. The police may not attend when the value is below £200 so no worries there.

What you have posted above is the standard letter and one we have seen on may occasions and bears no resemblance to reality so once you have informed them of your normal address, ignore them and then when you get worried, ignore some more.

If you still get the letters to the UK address, ask for them to be forwarded on to you.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thank you for giving me a peace of mind, I really wouldnt avoid paying any due, but 150 for returned , 12 Ph thing with me making no false statements and totally cooperative. if they wouldnt try to extort money people would actually pay more of their nonscence.

Hopefully that goes well in couple of months.

You are welcome.

Just to lay out CAGs position. We do not advocate shoplifting and truly believe that shoplifters can be better handled by the police. What we also hate is companies that prey on the vulnerable, the legally untrained and those who vow never to do it again.

Make sure that this is your first and last time of stealing as otherwise our help is a complete waste of time.

If you do get more letters, please come back and we can help some more.

they rely on you feeling bad about this to convince you to pay up.

Their letter wouild be against the law if RLP were proper lawyers

but as they are not and also not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority so they cant be told off for this.

That should also make it clear they then have no authority either

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got letter number 2.

Must say its exactly the same as first except new date and new address.

Ive written them a letter not to write to the London adress at my friend, and who would say, they did so, sent 2 Letter to my ID address in EU.

Asked them in a letter to explain on what they base the amount of 150Ph and how can they be above UK law for 1 time offenders and small value...

As the max fine is 50-80 Ph by law for all under 200Ph, ore even just a warning. Of course, they didnt answer..

I should just ignore the letter again???? Its always stated letter before claim

thank you

you shouldn't have written. we didnt recommended that anywhere.?

they'll now have a leaver over you by upping the harassment of your friend to intimidate you into paying them to make it stop happening..

dx

and they

As it stands it was rather silly questioning their methods however, they did write to your EU address so that is the important thing done.

The next thing you should do is...nothing, nada, zilch, zero. Ignore everything else you receive. You have no obligation to respond. Yes, they will continue to write but they know that it is a fruitless exercise as you have taken the right advice and ignoring them.

at the begining I got advice just to write them saying not to harass friends at London address,

just in case so I can have somewhat control over the letters- thats why I did it.

But I found out that they continued writing to my friends address and mine at home.

Disaster, are they crazy. How to stop that?

Friend opened one letter, I wanted to bury myself from shame. Thank you for any advice

The damage is now done. Your friend is aware but it depends on how he feels about it.

Rather than getting into more conversations with RLP about their potential harassment, advise your friend to write on the unopened envelopes, "Not at this address" and stick them back in the post

Try to explain yourself to your friend. You want him on your side. Point him towards this thread and he can see for himself how RLP work.