Vodafone insurance added without my agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Think I might be fighting a losing battle with this one but I'm coming to the end of my contract and checked my phone bill just to see what I pay out. Dont normally check the details I just pay it as I trusted that it was correct

Really shocked to see throughout my contract i've been paying insurance which I never agreed to.

Contacted Vodafone who said tough as I should have checked the phone bill.

They also said I took the insurance out in store.

I know I didnt take out this insurance and my query is can anything be done to get a refund?

Surely they must have a signed copy of the agreement.

Then secondly didnt like the attitude of saying if you dont check your bill then tough.

What they're saying they can charge what they want and if you dont notice it then tough

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)

Hi

To me it seems very likely that the store gave you a standard 3 months insurance for free but it was down to you to cancel the cover before the first payment went out. VF have been known to do this and it is rumoured that store staff may have added it without your knowledge.

Do you still have your copy of the contract? It is almost a waste of time asking VF for one as they keep all contracts off site in a secure storage facility but they are not stored so that getting an individuals contract is nigh on impossible.

I suggest a written complaint. No calling them unless you can record the call. Telling you that it is your fault for not checking, to me, doesn't wash. They should have alerted you to the fact that any free period was coming to an end and certainly well before the first payment was taken.

It may be worth a SAR to them as it may show something in the account history.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Couldn't find the contract but found a receipt. It said insurance for £9.99 but cost was £0.00. As you say it must have been a case of 3 months for 3 then down to myself to cancel which I wasn't aware of.

Never going to prove it so will just have to put it down to a lesson learnt.

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)