Help! Exercise 4 less and Credit resolution services

James1878
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was just after a bit of advice if possible,

I joined a local exercise 4 less on 16.02.2015,

I chose to pay £19.99 per month as this was a rolling membership

at that time i was still residing in a different part of the country so there would be periods of over a month without me being able to go .

After a couple of months I cancelled my direct debit as I was going back to were I resided and didn't want to get a charge for the month although I haven't been to the gym (as i know some companies do this).

Came back to permanently live here and re joined the gym under a rolling contract again and have been using regularly up until October 2017 which is when I paid a £30 admin fee to change the £9.99 and have been paying this ever since with no issues and still am.

On 18.01.2018 I had a letter through the post which reads :

We've been employed by e4l as your membership remains in arrears as a result of this ,

our fees totaling £102.50 have been added , therefore your account balance now stands at £237.50.

On 18.01.2018 I called up the gym who said it has been passed to CRS as i cancelled the Direct debit in 2015.

On 19.01.2018 I then called up the gym to get all the details of when i joined and cancelled and re joined and so on ,

the start date they gave me was 16.02.2015 but they couldn't give me anymore details and asked me to contact Harlands .

This is just a quick email to see if there is somebody here who can help ,

I think its disgusting as I only had a rolling membership at the time and if I owed them a months price I would do ,and am now getting billed this extortionate amount three years after i joined the gym and when i cancelled,

I have read through a few of these threads were people are going through the same process but thought I would message in as every situation is different

Thank you in advance

James

the fees are unlawful end of

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes ,

This has completely put me off the gym although i do like it in there and i will be ending my membership after i have completed the year with my £9.99 contract that is the sticking point as i am still a member and now only paying £9.99 per month

well as long as they don't have bank or card details they cant take the extra.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the gym don't take the payments

harlands do.

as long as your DD mandate says £9.99

then if they take more [without FIRST writing to advise amount and date]

you can get it back under the DD guarantee

and they

Ok, it also says on the letter we'll cease further letters for 7 days , so please call us on said number,I've seen on a few of these threads there is a letter you can write which will pretty much close the issue?

there might be

let slick132 advise first

he's the expert.

and they

Hi James and welcome to CAG

There is NO "quick fix" letter with X4Less and Harlands as you'll see from many 100's of similar threads here.

Ignore the demands from Harlands/CRS completely and continue to use the gym.

If Harlands use the DD mandate to take anything in excess of the £9.99 per month, simply reclaim it using the DD Guarantee Scheme. That will also be sufficient grounds to cancel the gym m/ship immediately due to Harlands mis-use of the DD mandate.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi James,

I'm afraid it's never simple with Harlands/CRS.

They're pretty tenacious in chasing what they ALLEGE is owed but they're full of hot air. They threaten lots and do very little. They don't take court action and they can't harm your credit files.

But ignoring them is usually a good idea.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)