Can you apply for PIP whilst waiting foe ESA decision

Kaily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you Tomtom.

Due to not knowing my rights I think I made a mistake not claiming PIP 3 years ago when my mental health seriously declined and I was placed in SG ESA. It is currently being reassessed but has seriously affected me again so I am barely leaving the house but living alone this is making things so difficult.

Does PIP affect HB?

PIP isn't means tested and AFAIK, it DOESN't affect HB, get on it, ring them up first to start the claim, then they will back date your PIP award to the date you rang them for the application form.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

PIP isn't means tested and AFAIK, it DOESN't affect HB, get on it, ring them up first to start the claim, then they will back date your PIP award to the date you rang them for the application form.

You are technically right about the HB. But if you get awarded PIP, you can get disability premiums within HB, which means that if you had to pay some HB, you may not have to once you get PIP. But as you say it's not means tested and it's not counted as income.