Credit Reference Agencies..... Confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I regularly check my credit report with Equifax, Noddle and Clearscore.

I moved house over seven months ago and transferred all my bank account details to my new address.

I am on the electoral register at my new address and I removed myself from the register at my old address.

I did this months ago so all should be fine.

However, my Equifax credit report still shows me living at my old address and says I am not on the electoral register at all.

My Noddle credit report shows my old and new address but also says I'm not on the register at either address.

I have written to all three CRA's telling them of my new address.

They replied saying they can't change my address until I am on the electoral register at my new address.

What on earth are these CRA idiots up to?

Given a name and address I can easily and quickly find out if a person is on the register at that address, so why can't the CRA's?

When I moved I changed over my energy, telephone, internet, water, driving licence, amateur radio licence, and council tax accounts to my new address.

However according to the CRA's I don't live at my new address.

I am therefore of the impression that CRA credit reports aren't worth the paper they are written on. Incorrect information is worth less than no information.

their WAB square is ID 10 ITS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as far as I'm aware

your sign up ad to each of the cra providers is auto updated if you change it.

it is interesting to note that I've seen several credit file providers get complaints that electoral roll addresses are never updated till the new roll comes out.

as it costs them money to do individual updates.

if its hurting anything

then start a complaint with the information commissioners office via their website.

DA-DI-DA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I regularly check my credit report with Equifax, Noddle and Clearscore.

I moved house over seven months ago and transferred all my bank account details to my new address.

I am on the electoral register at my new address and I removed myself from the register at my old address.

I did this months ago so all should be fine.

However, my Equifax credit report still shows me living at my old address and says I am not on the electoral register at all.

My Noddle credit report shows my old and new address but also says I'm not on the register at either address.

I have written to all three CRA's telling them of my new address.

They replied saying they can't change my address until I am on the electoral register at my new address.

What on earth are these CRA idiots up to?

Given a name and address I can easily and quickly find out if a person is on the register at that address, so why can't the CRA's?

When I moved I changed over my energy, telephone, internet, water, driving licence, amateur radio licence, and council tax accounts to my new address.

However according to the CRA's I don't live at my new address.

I am therefore of the impression that CRA credit reports aren't worth the paper they are written on. Incorrect information is worth less than no information.

A colleague of mine worked at a CRA to update their software he said it is pandemonium there they don't know where stuff is, they take no responsibility for any errors they just take money from people. It is a business that needs regulation as their data is used to make important decisions and their data is incorrect a lot of the time.

A colleague of mine worked at a CRA to update their software he said it is pandemonium there they don't know where stuff is, they take no responsibility for any errors they just take money from people. It is a business that needs regulation as their data is used to make important decisions and their data is incorrect a lot of the time.

Quite......Once upon a time it was just a simple register used to record peoples financial transactions and history...now it is is a Money making business with links to creditors and other personal data irrelevant to the purpose it was created for.Pushing peoples credit scores down to encourage them to takeout further credit....hence all the new boys trying to get in on the act.

Requires severe regulation and possibly investigation.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I received an email from Clearscore that explains how to get this problem corrected.

Copied below is the body of the email.

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting ClearScore.

It looks like you have a query about your address or electoral roll information and we’d like to help you get this sorted as soon as possible.

Here’s some information on what you can do to get this fixed. Of course, if you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, please let us know and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Need to change your address?

1. Login to the ‘My Account’ section of your ClearScore account: https://www.clearscore.com/

2. Select ‘Update’ under the 'Current address' field

3. Choose your correct residential address and hit ‘Update’

Now you should see your correct address in ‘My Account’, please note this update won’t show in your credit report until your next monthly report has been created.

If there’s no 'Update' button under your address in the 'My Account' section, that means Equifax has only provided us with one address for you (see below for more info).

Can’t find your address on your report?

You’ll need to make sure that all of your financial accounts and electoral details are registered at the exact address you’re trying to update to.

Once Equifax picks up your credit history at this address it should get added to your report automatically (the process can take up to 6 weeks).

Need a report with your new address right now?

You might be able to see a report with your correct address by creating another ClearScore account (you’ll need to use a different email address). If you make a new account, let us know. We’ll need to unlock it for you because our security system won’t let you log in to two accounts.

If you can't find your address in our drop-down when you re-register it could be because it’s missing from the Royal Mail database. See our FAQ for what to do: https://clearscore.com/faq/my-address-isnt-on-the-drop-down-menu

Don’t want to create a new account?

We've been working on a new feature which we hope will solve your issue. However, please bear in mind that this can take up to 28 days for us to process.

To do this, we'll need permission to create a new ClearScore account on your behalf.

Before we can do this, you'll need to reply to this email and confirm that you consent to the below points:

1. Our current T&Cs - https://www.clearscore.com/terms

2. Our Privacy Policy - https://www.clearscore.com/privacy-policy

3. An authentication search will be carried out on your credit file. A ClearScore soft search will be added to your report but only you'll be able to see this and it won't affect your score.

4. The new ClearScore account will be automatically 'Opted in' to marketing communications, but you'll be able to manage your preferences in the ‘My Account’ section.

5. Information relating to income, residential status and employment status fields will be filled with generic information. This won't affect your score or report but you'll need to update these details to make sure they're correct. Any offers and eligibility you see on ClearScore won't be accurate or suited to you until you do this. You can update your personal information in the 'My Account' section.

6. Your new ClearScore account will not have any of the previous credit score history collected on your current ClearScore account.

7. With your consent we'll try to fix this, but cannot guarantee that this will work.

If you agree to the above, please reply to this email stating, 'I agree to the terms (1-7) laid out by ClearScore, and I give consent for a new account to be created on my behalf'.

Please can you confirm the following:

- Your current address

- Your previous address (if you've been at your current address for less than 3 years)

- The dates you moved into these addresses, if possible

Querying your electoral roll information?

We have a really helpful FAQ which should help you out with anything relating to your electoral roll details:

https://clearscore.com/faq/my-electoral-roll-information-is-missingincorrect

Hopefully you’ve found the answer to your question already. If not, reply to this email and we’ll have someone get back to you as soon as possible.

ClearScore