NHS appointment was cancelled with Barely 1 hour notice will NHS reimburse me costs?

Teddybear154
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if any one can help me My youngest son was meant to have a peadiatrician appointment today. We live quiet along way away from hospital and don’t have a car so have to rely on public transport.

Appointment was a early morning appointment 10.30am had to leave very early to get there. Paid out £12 in taxi fares and £28 in bus fares to get there.

When arrived man on reception said appointment had been cancelled as Peadiatrician had to rush back to India.

He said he phoned me at 9.30 am to tell me (1 hour) before appointment at home which was too late as had already left.

He did not try ringing my mobile and they do have my mobile no.

I feel really angry, that I travelled all that way for nothing wasting £40.

We are not well off so £40 is a lot of money to us and can not afford to waste this kind of money. Is there any way that I can get rehinbursed the £40 I’m out of pocket due to there fault.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi

Contact the Hospital Reception and ask to speak to Patient Advice and Liasion Services (PALS). (or check that hospitals website to see if there are contact details for PALS)

Make a Formal Complaint to them about how you were notified only on arrival at the Hospital that the Appointment had been cancelled as Pediatrician had to rush back to India

and you were informed they called your home 1 hour before your arrival and by public transport due to where you live the journey takes well over 1 hour to get the hospital by Taxi & Bus therefore you would not have got this supposed call saying appointment cancelled as you had already left to make the Appointment.

Due to this short notice you wish to reclaim your travel expenses.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group