Vodafone Default not showing - am i in luck?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a mobile contract with vodafone which I stopped paying about 2 and a half years ago due to a dispute.

I expected to see it showing as defaulted on my credit file,

but it looks like it is "up to date" and just shows the outstanding balance

I'm confused. Can someone help me understand what is going on ?

Edit: screenshot for clarity

XLOtHqn.png

Edited by Crumbler25

Welcome to CAG

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

for now yes

but they'll default it as soon as they sell it on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing....... Have a closer look and see if you have ''any'' other markers/defaults on your CRF, most likely from Lowlifes (Lowell) who love to buy these debts.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the reply :)

I did call them back in March '17 and offered to settle.

They said at that point they couldn't take payment as it was already in the process of being sent to a 3rd party DCA. I would have thought that would all have been reflected in my credit file by now. There's no markers at all apart from the information on that screenshot. It shouldn't take that long surely...

I want to contact them for clarity, but I'm worried it might prompt them into action and then I'll end up with a default anyway!

Edit: also pretty weird that it hasn't even been registered as a late payment...

If they didn't want your money then, then they won't want your money now, I'd be firmly ignoring them, keep poking the dog and it'll bite.

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If they didn't want your money then, then they won't want your money now, I'd be firmly ignoring them, keep poking the dog and it'll bite.

Absolutely agree here. By contacting them may just spur them to investigate and maybe just slap the default on.

VF don't have their own in house debt collection team so in the first instance they just pass it on to a DCA whilst retaining control. Eventually they may sell the debt to a DCA (usefully Lowell) who can then chase you.

If, by the time the debt is sold, no default has been placed, the new owner cannot place a default. That must be done by the original creditor.

That is the reason I agree with the above.

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they are caught in 2 minds,

if they default and dont try and collect the money they risk the debt being sb,

if they dont default then the debt beomes SB anyway.

What some companies ( banks esp) try and do is stretsh the SB clock by defaulting very late in the day and claim they were trying to resolve the issue so they hadnt defaulted to save you the embarrassment etc. Cobblers though, they do it to abuse the law.

• Confused 1

have you moved since you took this contract out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope dx, I've stayed at the same address for 7+ years.

I just checked with clearscore,

the report shows a search performed by "TDX Group (for Vodafone)" In February 2016,

which is around the time i would have went 120+ overdue & into default territory.

I have never received any contact from them or Vodafone since 2015 though

(except when I called vf last year and got a very cryptic response after being passed from dept. to dept.

and wasting the better part of a couple hours on the phone, but that's by-the-by).

I'd be happy to clear it to avoid a potential default.

But as it's not showing for now, and contacting them might have the opposite effect,

i guess i'll just cross my fingers.

Hopefully, I can get my mortgage application through before my credit report turns into a pumpkin!

I'll keep y'all posted if it develops any further... (still boggling my mind that it's not even showing as a late payment)