style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was caught shoplifting at a Tesco store and the manager ran after me, took the stuff back and said I'm banned from the store and he will send the video and my picture to the police.

Im now worried that I will get charged by the police...

He did not take me inside for anything. He did not ask me for a name or address, but on previous occasions I was there with my company uniform, so I'm wondering

, If they could contact my employer and get my details or the police on their behalf...

doubt if anything will happen at all.

it wont be the police either

as they dont know who you are

i'll doubt fleecing RLP will write to you either.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, don't do it again. We on CAG will help but it makes us look silly if you steal again.

As no name or address was given at the time, tesco will not be able to pass on your details to any civil recovery company.

It is highly unlikely that the police will get involved either but what they will do is to store the video and pictures just in case you did it again. Without a name or address to go on, the police won't be able to do much unless you are already on their database.

In recent weeks, news has appeared in the media that the police don't investigate shoplifting crime unless the value is more than £200.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They have dealt with this by what is known as local resolution.

They took their goods back and booted you out,never to return.

Take that last bit seriously, do not retun to that store.

They wont know who you are so the ban may well be universal but unenforceable for logistical reasons.

No they cant approach your employer without landing themselves in the mire and anyways they dont ahve the time to be chasing up every transgression of this sort.

do yourself a favour and keep your nose clean,

manytowns have a local intelligence sharing scheme

and if you get spotted again you may well find yourself in trouble regardless of the value of the goods.