Late licensing penalty

Mrfixit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

September last year, I returned my vehicle to the finance company under a voluntary termination. The following day, I filled out and posted the green slip from the V5 to dvla.

A couple of months later, I received a letter from them saying I owed £40 fine and outstanding road tax for not taxing the vehicle.

I wrote to them appealing, I sent a copy of the paperwork from the finance company showing the change of ownership, and I told them I'd sent the slip via 1st class post.

They refused the appeal, saying that I should have received a confirmation slip, and if I hadn't, it was up to me to get back in touch with them.

I've trawled forums and Google, but can't really find the info on how to proceed.

The trouble is, DVLA say that any further correspondence from me regarding this penalty will be placed on file without response, and I've tried discussing the issue on the phone but they refuse to cooperate.

I've now received a request for payment from a DCA.

Cheers

well you totally ignore the dca

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers on any debt

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply.

I know to ignore the Dca.... I've read up and researched as much as I can.

The issue is I'm at a loss as to how to proceed with this dispute. Do I have any hope or should I give in and pay the fine and tax?

I can't even fathom a way of communicating with DVLA 😕

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Once I received the penalty notice, I wrote to them to say I intend to appeal.

They sent me a form out which I filled in.

I stated that I filled out the green slip from the v5 the following day and sent it via 1st class post.

I also stated that according to the dvla website, this was all that was required from me and that I am under no obligation to await a confirmation slip from them.

They responded by saying they could see no reason to withdraw the penalty, and that any further correspondence from them will be placed on file without response.

I stated that I filled out the green slip from the v5 the following day and sent it via 1st class post.

If it was the green V5C/2 part of the V5C that you sent, that could be the problem (that is given to the new keeper in a private transaction).

You should have sent the yellow V5C/3 'Transferred to the trade' part.

Hi,

Sorry I'm getting my wires crossed.... I meant yellow slip (used to sending a green one)

The guy handed it to me out of the v5 when he picked the car up.

DVLA are saying they didn't receive my notification at all.

I did also send them a copy of the collection paperwork indicating the transfer date when I appealed.... But to no avail.

I had a similar thing from the DVLA a couple of years ago.

I wrote to them saying that I'd fulfilled my obligations, and that if they or Royal Mail had lost the mail, that wasn't my problem and that they could jog on if they thought that I was paying any kind of penalty to them or their pet DCA.

Never heard another word.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

If the DVLA can ignore you, then it's only fair that you can ignore them.

I'd do absolutely nothing. :evil: