@getlaidbeds Lost item means no bed for 3 days is there any redress

Slatted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a wooden bed frame and was promised it would be delivered today so got my old one taken away before this one was due to arrive.

Only two of the 3 boxes arrived with the courier and there is therefore no way to build the bed until the last part gets here.

I live in a bungalow and have osteoarthritis so am not able to sleep on a mattress only, nor is my sofa a suitable alternative.

I am therefore having to stay in a budget hotel for the weekend as I have no friends or family in the area.

The couriers say they have never had the item and the company (Getlaidbeds) say it is not their fault so all they will do is refund the delivery charge.

As my having no bed is a consequence of the situation and Getlaidbeds are, I believe, responsible for the actions of the courier, surely I am entitled to some compensation for the costs of a reasonable place to sleep?

they will argue that you shouldnt have got rid of the old bed until the new one was ready to install.

Now, getlaid beds are wrong about it not being their fault unless the couriers lost the 3rd parcel

but that doesnt mean you can claim for consequential losses unless you can show that you told them beforehand that you didnt have room for 2 beds

so it became imperative all is correct at the specified delivery time.

Proving that you had that conversation will be the hard bit.

I would be reading their T&C's about any disposal service they offer if they do such a thing.

That may give you a bit of room arguing about "reasonable expectations"

Getlaidbeds are liable whether it is their fault or their couriers fault. They can't pass the buck. If I were you I would put them on notice in writing that you are terminating the contract under the Consumer Rights Act because the bed they have supplied is defective and because you are informing them within 30 days, you want a full refund.

Of course, don't expect them to be very enthusiastic about it.

The second problem is whether you can claim for the extra losses that you have suffered. It certainly is a bit tricky but I think that you have a reasonable chance of doing so. Did you put them on notice that this is what you will be doing? Did you do this in writing? I think that if you didn't tell them what the consequences of their failure was then I think that you only have a very slender chance of being compensated for your losses. On the other hand, if you made it clear to them that you were going to have to sleep in a hotel then I think you have a good chance of recovering your losses although I expect that you would need to issue court papers to do it.

Have you been dealing with them on the telephone or have you been dealing with this by email or writing? If you have been dealing with it on the telephone that I suppose that you haven't recorded any calls. You should certainly go and read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

Do I take it that you still don't have a bed? Where you sleeping at the moment?

I had a bed until the Friday when they (the couriers) had told me the slot for delivery of the getlaidbeds items and had already provisionally booked a man and van to clear out my room including the bed so confirmed with them after having this notification that the collection was to go ahead.

It was a kingsize and being replaced by a kingsize so no room for both.

It was not a defective bed but one that came in parts and some of them arrived.

I had mentioned need for a high enough bed due to bad knees but not that no bed meant no sleeping at home.

Today they were supposed to deliver and I was promised a call confirming...

getlaidbeds were very helpful and kept contacting the couriers and promising a call from them

but that did not happen until mid afternoon when they finally said that the order would now not be coming until tomorrow morning!

To say I was unhappy is an understatement.

I had been mentioning need for a call and assurances due to need for hotel over the weekend

so would hope that at least tonight may be something that could be claimed from someone..

.it is also more expensive during the week.