style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where I live now there is a service charge of £4 a week for heating and hot water from the communal boilers,

from next week,

when they upgrade my heating system

I will be having to pay for the heating as we will be provided with individual electric boilers for just the heating!

Nothing has been said about reducing the service charge because of this change,

I am in the right to ask for a reduction as I will be paying twice for heating?

what do the terms say?

who installed the new electric boilers and are they in every dwelling or ie this something arranged by yourself or on a more local basis.

It may well be that the charge isnt reduced as the boilers supply the hot water (you dont have the heating on in summer).

The agreemnt will tell you most of what is right.

My agreement says the service charge is for heating and hot water.

The housing association arranged the installation due to the old communal boilers becoming faulty due to age I think.

And yes every flat in the complex is being fitted with them.

Have had no letters/information about the instillation,

didnt even know they were planning to instal them till someone came round to do a floor plan!

• 3 months later...

Contacted Yours housing, via contact page of their web site and as usual no answer! been months!

Has anyone got contact details of someone at the top of this group?

An update of my story..........

My complaint is about the new heating/hot water system we have all been saddled with, without any consultation at all! I live in a complex that has communal heating and hot water and yes it needed replacing as it kept breaking down, but the system they replaced it with is costing me much more now!

First the heating/hot water bit of my rent has gone up from a little over £3 to over £7, which isnt covered by housing benefit!

Then due to the type of heating system, heat exchange, my water usage has gone from 120 litres per day to 250 litres per day, on a water meter, just because you have to run the tap for 3 or 4 minutes before you get any hot water!

Its costing me more but the HA is saving money!

so what do the terms say?

you ahve had 4 months to look this up

I dont understand? It is a housing association flat, cant find anything that refers to anything about this, other than there is a service charge included in the rent, part of which is covered by housing benefit, the part that is for heating and hot water isnt and i have to pay that

You are approaching this all wrong with the HA but you are correct about challenging them of this Service Charge especially if it was for Heating & Hot Water and you now have to pay heating seperately.

You need to make a 'Formal Complaint' in writing and make sure to title it as such.

Explain your issue.

In the letter you require full clarification from the HA of the following:

1. Your Service Charge of £x.00 has always been for Heating & Hot Water is this service charge going to be reduced due to the new heating system that you will now be paying separately?

2. Why has there been not consultation with the residents affected.

You also require copies of the following:

1. Complaints Policy (not the leaflet)

2. Customer Care Policy (not the leaflet)

3. Rent & Service Charge Policy (not the leaflet)

You need to fully exhaust the HA complaints procedure and if still unhappy then you can approach the housing ombudsman.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group