style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I moved in with my ex in august 2015 in to a council property that she already had with her daughter, I have never been put on the tenancy at all but she registered me as living there, our agreement was that she would pay the council tax and I would pay the rent.

As from June 2017 she failed to keep up with the payments on the council tax and now the council are taken it direct from my wages even though we have split up the 7th December 2017.

Can the council still take the money and make me liable for the money even though I have never ever been on the tenancy agreement?

Tia

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Yes because you was registered as living there and therefore both of you are liable for the CTAX during the period you resided.In form the council of the date you left.

Is the Ex still residing there ? Is she still getting council tax benefit?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Yes because you was registered as living there and therefore both of you are liable for the CTAX during the period you resided.In form the council of the date you left.

Is the Ex still residing there ? Is she still getting council tax benefit?

Andy

Hi,

She works part time 18 hours per week so I dont know if she is getting any help with the council tax benefit.