Early Probation Termination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly thank you all for your advice

Sangie595 - You opened your comments with "No. You don't understand." which I do find aggressive for someone who is asking a genuine question.

In addition to this as pointed out by Spudzulu I never demanded anything from you and my question on asking your experience was again genuine.

There are a lot of self-appointed experts on the internet who read something once then regurgitate it thinking they are the bees.

As you your post count is less than 600 and I am a new visitor how am I to know that you are an expert or that this is your field of expertise.

The help and comments you have given are valuable but remember you offer the advice on here willingly and a lot of the questions may be raised by people who are desperate for support. The last thing they need is to feel they are being spoken down to.

If you are not prepared to accept that they may not understand then perhaps this is not for you.

As for aggressive " I have plenty to do without imposing my legally correct advice on people who don't want to hear it" only reiterates my point.

Give the great support but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss

Disgruntled

I used to be a member on this site for many years and some of the information provided was invaluable and helped me resolve a few issues.

Coming back it's keyboard warriors such as you that remind me why I stopped using it.

There may be people who are nervous about posting that choose not to for fear of reading sarcastic comments and ridicule by clowns such as you.

The only thing you achieve by your posting is to reduce the worth of this great site and to be counterproductive to what this site is trying to achieve - helping people.

I am sure you will reply as your type of attention seeker always does - just a shame that the Mods on here can't do something about sad individuals like you who offer nothing.

Once again thank you to all who replied (Sangie-Ell-enn I have taken on board your comments and appreciate the advice)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly thank you all for your advice

Sangie595 - You opened your comments with "No. You don't understand." which I do find aggressive for someone who is asking a genuine question. No, I did not. I had replied previously, and those were the opening comments. What I said is not aggressive. It is a statement of fact. No. You don't understand.

In addition to this as pointed out by Spudzulu I never demanded anything from you and my question on asking your experience was again genuine. In that case, why did you not ask everyone else for their credentials?

There are a lot of self-appointed experts on the internet who read something once then regurgitate it thinking they are the bees.Of which, it would appear, you are one. You have repeatedly insisted the law says things it does not say! But again, you questioned the credentials of nobody else. And if you actually want an "expert" you don't look on an anonymous website. You pay for it.

As you your post count is less than 600 and I am a new visitor how am I to know that you are an expert or that this is your field of expertise. Since you were reading that closely you will have noticed that Ethel, whose advice you liked, and in fact quoted, has fewer posts than I have. Why did you not question her credentials? Because you liked her opinion?

The help and comments you have given are valuable but remember you offer the advice on here willingly and a lot of the questions may be raised by people who are desperate for support. The last thing they need is to feel they are being spoken down to. No. You are touchy and over sensitive about things that were never said or implied. You launched an aggressive and quite offensive attack on me simply because you could and you wanted to. You are the only person who read a statement of fact, that you were not understanding something, as a personal attack. It couldn't possibly be you that is at fault here, could it?

If you are not prepared to accept that they may not understand then perhaps this is not for you. That is a gross misstatement. I said you didn't understand and then went on to explain it again for you. "This" for your information, is what i do for a living - and I get no complaints from the people i represent. Perhaps because the listen to what they are told and don't try to argue black is white because the advice isn't to their liking? Perhaps asking people for advice is not for you?

As for aggressive " I have plenty to do without imposing my legally correct advice on people who don't want to hear it" only reiterates my point. No it doesn't. That was a response to a totally uncalled for attack by you.

Give the great support but a bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss Wow. Kettle, pot, black. You have not once apologised for your uncalled for discourtesy. You are the one who attacked me!]]

Disgruntled

I used to be a member on this site for many years and some of the information provided was invaluable and helped me resolve a few issues. Do what?

Coming back it's keyboard warriors such as you that remind me why I stopped using it. The person attacking me was you! You are the keyboard worrier here. And now you are attacking the site? Why did you come back then?

There may be people who are nervous about posting that choose not to for fear of reading sarcastic comments and ridicule by clowns such as you. That is extremely offensive and once again you demonstrate that it is you who are the problem

The only thing you achieve by your posting is to reduce the worth of this great site and to be counterproductive to what this site is trying to achieve - helping people. Again, extremely offensive and uncalled for. And a few minutes ago you were having a go at the site. Now its great?

I am sure you will reply as your type of attention seeker always does - just a shame that the Mods on here can't do something about sad individuals like you who offer nothing. So you want to be even more offensive

Once again thank you to all who replied (Sangie-Ell-enn I have taken on board your comments and appreciate the advice)

Just for information....now i am being aggressive....i am beginning to think that i understand why your employers got shut of you. A lucky escape for them, i suspect.

For someone who doesn't think they are aggressive you could do with reading your last post through - nothing but unjustified personal attacks.

Not once have I questioned this site and have nothing but respect for it.

Neither have I questioned you,I just asked for other opinions but you seem to take it that your opinion is the only one that matters.

I think your last comment considering your line of work is disgraceful and shows what an opinionated,up your own a**e kind of person you are.

"just for information....now i am being aggressive....i am beginning to think that i understand why your employers got shut of you. A lucky escape for them, i suspect."

Congratulations your ego has probably now stopped genuine people asking for help.

Pathetic

Just for information....now i am being aggressive....i am beginning to think that i understand why your employers got shut of you. A lucky escape for them, i suspect.

I think this is a very unnecessary and unhelpful comment. Your advice is always useful and very welcome – but I think we need to steer clear of this kind of thing.

This is a really excellent resource, and it's fantastic both that the site team and the regulars contribute so much for the common good. I have limited relevant "expertise", unfortunately, but do try to contribute when I can.

Sangie: I hope you don't mind this feedback, but people who come to this site are often worried, concerned or plain upset by their experiences. They need a bit of support even if the practical advice we can offer is limited.

The manner therefore in which your (often very helpful) advice is given is not irrelevant; and you do sometimes come across as dismissive and unfriendly. You would be brilliant if you could just tone that down a bit.

Actually I think that sometimes its justified.

Question asked--response given

I dont like that answer so ill go on the attack

Person giving answer gets frustrated at a blarzae attitude.

If tho is the op's attitude at work , no wonder the original question was asked

It's perhaps not surprising that people are allowed to come on the site, pick a fight, be really offensive, and then are surprised that people bite back. And then it's us that get the blame.

The OP had gone out of their way to be offensive and is amazed that people won't stand for it?

Being an employee, or being "upset" excuses them for offensive comments and a complete disregard for others?

But nobody is allowed to react to that? We don't get permission to be offended? OP s can be as downright discourteous as they like and we must have to put up with it for the site?

Stuff that for a lark...

I've had enough of it. Logging out and like so many others, I'm gone.

Internet forums can be an odd place at times.

Clashing opinions/facts and styles of responses. Debates for the sake of it. People having right to offend or being offended.

Agree with Sangie on this. They were straight to the point and gave facts. With employment law, if the situation is clear, then better to be given a clear answer and not be led down the garden path.

If the OP wants to continue looking into their rights based on their experience of being let go by their employer, then there is plenty of information on CAG and elsewhere. Just Google for it and there will be pages of results.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You won't cause offence so fire away

What's being missed through all of this is at the outset I had no awareness what Sangies background was and because I asked for others advice,she took offence to it.

There has been no disputing the information provided anywhere throughout this topic and her information has been valuable, but because I requested if any more could be added she went on the offensive.

Remember I have contacted various professional bodies who have all given conflicting advice, am I in the wrong to ask for more so as to work out what is actually correct?

From Vaubans post (and everything he has said regarding people asking for help is spot on) it looks like this is not the first time that she had replied this way.

Whether she is offended or not,for someone in her profession to make that comment to someone who has just been made unemployed is disrespectful and disgusting.

It goes against everything that this site is about,some of you including SgtBush with your "If tho is the op's attitude at work , no wonder the original question was asked" comment might want to remember that sometimes.

I wonder what you old username was and why you are hiding under a new one...

sorry but pers i'd rather have 100 Sangie595's here that help people

rather than one that makes a big deal about not wanting to hear advise they don't like

even if it is the correct advise.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What's being missed through all of this is at the outset I had no awareness what Sangies background was and because I asked for others advice,she took offence to it.

There has been no disputing the information provided anywhere throughout this topic and her information has been valuable, but because I requested if any more could be added she went on the offensive.

Remember I have contacted various professional bodies who have all given conflicting advice, am I in the wrong to ask for more so as to work out what is actually correct?

From Vaubans post (and everything he has said regarding people asking for help is spot on) it looks like this is not the first time that she had replied this way.

Whether she is offended or not,for someone in her profession to make that comment to someone who has just been made unemployed is disrespectful and disgusting.

It goes against everything that this site is about,some of you including SgtBush with your "If tho is the op's attitude at work , no wonder the original question was asked" comment might want to remember that sometimes.

Remember that on CAG people volunteer their time and don't get paid. People will provide information and answers, but if they keep being asked for more and more information, it is asking someone to give up more free time to search through resources they might have. If you went to an employment solicitor it would be quite expensive.

With CAB, ACAS and other advice services they have employed staff as well as volunteers. If you have been given conflicting advice elsewhere then take it up with those that gave it.

I will leave it at that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I told you very early on that sangie does this for a living and you flew off at a tangent saying

Well cab say different, acas say different and two employment lawyers are interested in the case.

I posted a qoute that explains what probationary period actually means, but you chose to sort of skip over that.

I still stand firm that if your agumentive attitude shown on here transpires into your work life then I can see why the company just wants to terminate your contract.

You also failed to answer if your case was anything to do with the 6 scenarios I listed which cancel out probationary periods

Couldn't remember what my old user name was had not been on for over 7 years.

During my last time on here you were one of those that provided me with a lot of help and support and it went a long way to resolving various issues.

What's sad about all of this is (and it's only become deal made by others) is the perception I am not "hearing" the advice, as that's far from the truth and I have not challenged any of it given.

All I have looked to do is get as much of it as I can - hence why I have been researching different avenues

That's the issue, you have.

Il just pick one point on this.

You kept arguing that your situation comes under wrongful dismissal (which cannot be the case as you said you were being paid in lieu) and not unfair dismissal ( which you cant as you agreed to a probationary period with the company)

Tho was pointed out several times in one form or another by sangie.

as far as this post goes, I'm done

Couldn't remember what my old user name was had not been on for over 7 years.

During my last time on here you were one of those that provided me with a lot of help and support and it went a long way to resolving various issues.

What's sad about all of this is (and it's only become deal made by others) is the perception I am not "hearing" the advice, as that's far from the truth and I have not challenged any of it given.

All I have looked to do is get as much of it as I can - hence why I have been researching different avenues

SgtBush yes you did tell me but that doesn't mean that she is any good at it or everything she says has to be taken as gospel.

That's why it pays to get other opinions. (remember Acas & CAB have said things as well)

Are you saying then that posters have no right to ask advice after one person has answered?

No my case has nothing to do with 6 items listed and I am not investigating that - I am looking at it from a Breach of Contract perspective as my employer did not follow Due Process and allow for me to have prior notice,time to prepare and have representation

Two things that both ACAS,CAB and the two firms that contacted me all have said I should have had

http://www.firstpracticemanagement.co.uk/blog/posts/probationary-periods-a-guidance-to-probationary-periods/

As for quoting this is one of the reasons I have come back on here - I can find lots of quotes that contradict each other.

And this is the reason why people like me ask the questions we ask - we do not know what any of this means or what the implications are.

If we did we would not be on here would we?

Please try remembering that - people ask for help

I have real concerns for this site now. Its becoming a group of a few people who post things like this. Its such a real shame. I will vote with my feet and leave you guys to it. Ellen and DX I thank you for your valuable help, DX you have been funny too. I'm out.

I went through a similar situation a few months ago.

The advice you are being given here, especially about the wrong dismissal, is 100% correct.

I don't understand why you have solicitors and ACAS telling you that you have a good case for wrong dismissal, when you clearly don't.

It's natural to feel the way you do about this situation and to want justice, especially when you've done nothing wrong. It's an employers world, they can do what they want in your first two years with them as long as they following procedure.

You've been there less than 3 months, write it off as a bad experience and move on.

You probably don't want to hear the latter advice and nor did I when I lost my job.

It was the advice Sangie gave me and it was the best advice out of all everything everyone ever said to me during that horrible time. Six months later I've achieved my career goals, something I would have never been able to do if I was still in my old job.

Sangie (and some others) are straight speaking and it does come across as aggressive.

I had a similar situation whereby I sought advice from elsewhere and Sangie wasn't too happy.

I followed the other advice and found some peace through it.

It wasn't anything legal, I simply asked for further information regarding my dismissal via a Subject Access request.

It was a huge risk to take as I risked further damaging my reputation but it didn't.

The company relaxed in their attitude towards me as further information came to light in my favour.

BUT legally nothing changed, their records show that I was dismissed and I will still never be able to work for that company again. I didn't look to take any further action, it wasn't worth my time or effort.

Good luck for your future.

• Haha 1

Thank you Beatrixx and sometimes nothing is better than getting first hand experience.

Really pleased for you that you achieved your career goals and just one post like yours does make asking the question worth while.

As an aside and only found out this morning, due to manning issues and unexpected orders two new production starters being employed middle of next week.

Before Christmas the directors were adamant that even with a bare bones workforce there would be no more recruitment.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?:|

You're very welcome.

Again my situation was similar. They recruited in another area after my dismissal and announced they would not be replacing me as they wanted to focus in that other area. That's a strategic decision that's not made on a whim. My paranoia wasn't paranoia, they were trying to get me to leave. I've since found out I was recruited to meet some key objectives over a 6 month period, when I met them I was no longer needed. Cheaper than getting a contractor in and cheaper than redundancy.

Be very careful and be wary of your actions. Be the better person, no matter how hard this eats away at you. In the end they're the ones who will end up looking like idiots, not you :)

Good advice and you are right I am the better person - it's just sad that they couldn't be honest about it all

I would have accepted that as it would have been best for the business

As it was I did everything they asked me to without any support,made improvements,gave them over 100 ideas where they could improve their business and potentially through contacts secured a large long term contract with one of my former employers (one of the largest companies in the world)

All in less than 3 months,not hard to see why I am aggrieved and shocked by the termination is it?

All in less than 3 months,not hard to see why I am aggrieved and shocked by the termination is it?

You have every right to be aggrieved!! You have every right to want to seek answers. But unfortunately you're not going to get then and there is nothing legal you can do - doesn't hurt trying though, if I had found a way I would have totally taken my lot to court. I think you needed more than legal advice.

Take care and I'm wishing you all the very best. I'm sure you will find something better soon.