Jet2 flight 11 December 2017

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be most grateful if anyone can help us with this.

My wife and I flew from Malaga to East Midlands airport on flight LS606 on 11 December. The flight was 4 hours late arriving into Malaga and we ended up being 3 hours 15 minutes late into East Midlands.

Whilst there was some minor snow on 10 December that tenmpoarirly closed the airport, flights fully resumed in the afternoon on 10th. Our aircraft first flew out from East Midlands, due to leave at 11am but actually left at 3:15pm, thus was late arriving in Malaga.

The excuse the airling want to fob me off with is 'adverse weather'. But I was flying from Malaga where the weather was fine and into East Midlands where there were no problems landing or taxiing.

On investigation, it seems as through there were mechanical problems and delays with teh de-icing euqipment and thus is a ground operations delay and not a weather delay that effected the outbounf aicraft. In any event, as siad we were not flying from East Midlands but into.

So, my question is this. Would faulty/ill prepared de-icing equipemt used for the outbound flight to Malaga be justification for the airline citing adverse weather for our inbound flight, albeit the same aircraft. They could have used another aircraft, or chartered one but obviously that would cost them.

I am not in the slightest happy to be told that I cannot claim under EC204 regs for the 3hours+ delay because they want to wave the banner of 'adverse weather' when as said, there was no adverse weather that actually effected OUR flight, but the one before.

Any help or guidance would be very welcome.

Edited by arthurakme

Contact the caa with your flight details and ask for all the info they hold.

They came back to me in 48 hours with a full log on my delayed flight.

It will show there the official reason for the delay and you'll throw the book at them if they are at fault.

I did with BA last May.

Thank you both.

Yes I did claim but Jet 2 think they can fob me off with generic ''bad weather'' statement. I have also been in touch with CAA, so I await their repsonse.

Edited by arthurakme