UAE debt IDRWW chasing in UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone give me some advice? I left the UAE in debt some years ago, a long story but not dis-similar to many others you will have heard.

I have been contacted by a UK company (IDRWW.com) who have been instructed by the original bank.

I do own my own flat in the UK, although it is mortgaged and has little or no equity in it.

Can someone tell me what steps I should take?

What can IDRWW do?

Are they likely to try to make me bankrupt

or put a charge against my home?

Does anyone have any experience with this company

and what they will accept or what they are after?

IDRWW have given me 7 days to reply.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tobe

Hi

Can someone give me some advice? I left the UAE in debt some years ago, a long story but not dis-similar to many others you will have heard.

I have been contacted by a UK company (IDRWW.com) who have been instructed by the original bank.

I do own my own flat in the UK, although it is mortgaged and has little or no equity in it.

Can someone tell me what steps I should take? ignore them

What can IDRWW do? nothing

Are they likely to try to make me bankrupt nope

or put a charge against my home? nope

Does anyone have any experience with this company yes lots of threads here simply you know who trying a differing name game

and what they will accept or what they are after? to fleece you blind

IDRWW have given me 7 days to reply. shame they are a powerlessDCA and ARE NOT BAILIFFS

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tobe

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

never ignore

how much and when from

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think around £15k from 7 yrs ago.

Would statue barred be a defence?

I know the limitations are longer in the UAE (15yrs I think) but if CWD aka IDRWW are going to make an SD that would be a UK court application.. which rules apply?

Tobe

willy waving

ignore them.

and they

I think around £15k from 7 yrs ago. Would statue barred be a defence? I know the limitations are longer in the UAE (15yrs I think) but if CWD aka IDRWW are going to make an SD that would be a UK court application.. which rules apply?

Tobe

Do you own any UK property assets ? Be aware that checks are made on land registry to see whether it is worth pursuing a debtor, beyond general chasing.

You can ignore, but IF you ever received any court papers directly from a court, obviously you do not ignore those.

If you receive an SD, come back here with the details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

THe Client has to make the claim

and they have no jurisdiction in the UK wrong court.

dx

and they

Yes I do own a flat but the equity is negligible.

It might even be in negative equity.

I’ve read lots of conflicting advice, some state the SB limitations are viewed by UAE ruling not UK.

There seems to be no successful cases, or people don’t update their threads.

I have a small child.

is it worth putting forward a payment offer?

At what point should I start truly panicking?

I obviously don’t want to be homeless but can’t afford very much at all.

you wont lose your home

this is not UAE we don't jail people.

there are a few successful cases yes

BUT

those are either plants [fake people put up to gander publicity and hence money through other then panicking]

or

back door claim whereby the person knew nowt about it.

dx

and they

Thank you.

I realise I’m probably sounding nervous.

If the DCA request an SD that’s the first (and cheapest/easiest) step to filing bankruptcy isn’t it?

CWD sound quite happy to issue an SD, looks like their MO if I’m reading threads properly.

only the owner of a debt can issue proceedings

not some powerless DCA acting on behalf of a client [ the owner]

they are NOT BAILIFFS.

and they

you will and can read allsorts of horror stories regarding red notices Interpol and alike

with people being detained at various airports inc Italy etc because of these debts

you'll also read about an organisation that appears to be operating some kind of knights in shining armour 'legal service'

'saving' them after days even months in 'prison' awaiting 'deportation'.

and that you can never search Interpol or anywhere to see if you have a 'red notice' against you other than directly writing to Interpol

once you keep reading [and scratching upon who owns the reporting sources and who really are these knights]

you'll find the 'news reports' or 'newspaper reports' funnily enough mention these knights as their source,

you'll also see them politely stating that some moderators or certain 'consumer help' websites

are in their eyes, good in meaning but fundamentally are flawed in their advice to ignore.

they then report the usual stunts of employers, ex employer,s neighbours relatives and all manner of anyone

the various guises of these debt collectors find and phone up to embarrass the debtor to 'pay up'.

ofcourse this publicises the knights and they get lots of business by people like you phoning them up and setting up 'affordable' payment plans via them to the UAE banks

one wonders if they profit from this too..........

3 people in p'haps +100'000 UAE debt runners... is it worth it?

obv I cant identify my source, but I know of numerous people that had never had

any letters

phonecalls

until they got scare then contacted the knights....

suddenly it all started to escalate and the like settlement figures via the knights went upwards...

UAE debt collection in a murky world

but lets put it this way...

UAE are the biggest red notice funder of Interpol

then that must also be true of the rest of the industry below them...

dx

and they

I’m not worried about Interpol, I’m not a big enough fish.

I’m worried that this will escalate quickly and i’ll be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

The general consensus seems to be request a prove it or CCA. Ignoring these guys, especially when you have assets, seems to be their ideal scenario.

I’m not sure how to request docs if I believe this is SB. Does anyone know?

Because such requests are really under UAE law and not UK, a CCA request or any other UK legal request for information is not relevant.

If you want to write to them, it will just be a standard letter that is required as there is no template.

You simply request a copy of any alleged orgina financial agreement document that exists between you and x UAE Bank, with a copy in English.

Advise them that all terms and conditions relating to the account must be supplied in English.

also request a copy of all statements of accounts with any attached notes in English.

And ask for a copy of any default notice and termination notice in English.

And finally, you require a copy of any legal documentation that evidences that x UAE Bank has authorised IDRWW to contact you in regard to this alleged debt.

Remember this is an alleged debt. NEVER admit to owing a debt in writing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

then i'd keep quiet

and they

Look up the term Champerty and Maintenance whilst you are waiting for the next letter.

their no win no fee approach may well be a risky strategy for them. If I was owed money i wouldnt want to have an agreement with someone who only negotiates their fee after they have collected the money.

then i'd keep quiet

Thank you both.

I’m sure it’s SB (under UK terms).

Can’t imagine DCA can bring UAE statute to a UK court.

If the debt is covered by FCA rules surely UK laws/statutes apply too???

In a UAE court many things would be different. Ok, enough speculation,

i’ll kick things off and let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

Tobe

which is why I pointed out about jurisdiction of any UK court on any UAE debt

please

don't go contacting any powerless DCA..

if you are really itching to be stupid and contact anyone

do it directly to the original creditor = the DCA's client.

dx

and they

The only problem with that is if I contact them then the status becomes current as it will reset the clock in Dubai.

Although the DCA has no ‘powers’ they can issue a Statutory Demand and pursue me on the original creditor’s behalf.

I either challenge this in the UK or reset the clock in UAE...

I have no experience in this field (and no one seems to be able to offer a definitive opinion) but I’m hoping the UK system is applicable if taken to a British Court.

Most finance agreements issued in most countries do not restrict the agreement to courts in the country the agreement was issued in. So I would expect that your UAE finance agreement can be looked at by a court outside the UAE, including UK Courts. UK courts will hear foreign debt claims which were subject to finance agreements issued under another countries laws. So it would be UAE limitations law that applies and not UK.

However, any UK court would also have their own practices and even if the law was UAE law, it does not mean that a Judge would start applying UAE practice standards. For example, if you asked the UAE Banks agent for copies of documents mentioned earlier on this thread today and they were never supplied, you would bring this up with the UK court, if a claim was issued against you. So you do have the normal protections of UK court practices.

Although the DCA has no ‘powers’ they can issue a Statutory Demand and pursue me on the original creditor’s behalf.

no they cannot!!

and they

Most finance agreements issued in most countries do not restrict the agreement to courts in the country the agreement was issued in. So I would expect that your UAE finance agreement can be looked at by a court outside the UAE, including UK Courts. UK courts will hear foreign debt claims which were subject to finance agreements issued under another countries laws. So it would be UAE limitations law that applies and not UK.

However, any UK court would also have their own practices and even if the law was UAE law, it does not mean that a Judge would start applying UAE practice standards. For example, if you asked the UAE Banks agent for copies of documents mentioned earlier on this thread today and they were never supplied, you would bring this up with the UK court, if a claim was issued against you. So you do have the normal protections of UK court practices.

That makes sense. Thank you.

no they cannot!!

Why not? If the DCA were a solicitor acting on behalf of their client, they could submit papers for a statutory demand etc. Couldn’t they? If not, why? Music to my ears to be honest but just wondering what rationale lies behind ‘No’.