Company coming to my door step

pickle113
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You haven't responded to my most recent questions. I suggest that you send a letter broadly like the one I have drafted below. Read it carefully and make any corrections you think necessary. Send it to them by first class recorded delivery post and make sure you include a cheque which is properly drafted – dated and signed.

Don't have anything more to do with them but stick to the instalments that you have promised. Let us know if there are any difficulties

Dear Sir

As you know I was always hesitant about purchasing the blinds from because as I explained, I did not have a lot of money. I also explained that I was expecting a baby and that this could cause problems. As you know, I eventually underwent a cesarean section.

However, you were quite persistent and in respect of the payment for the blinds you told me that we would arrange payment in due course.

The blinds were installed and I started to pay you £50 a week – about £200 per month of a total bill which was £950. I managed payment for two months but then as I had predicted, I was unable to keep up the instalments.

Although I have tried to negotiate with you and to arrange more manageable instalments, you refused to accept them and you have since called me and visited me regularly and eventually making threats of legal action in order to obtain repayment at a rate that suits you even though I am unable to manage it. You have even told me that you intend to continue coming to my home again and again and you refuse to give me any idea of when those times might be. Throughout this time you were fully aware of my pregnancy and the imminent birth of my child and in fact one of the email contacts you made was on the very day of the cesarean section.

Your contact with me have been extremely distressing and in fact I feel harassed and I have told you as much. Despite this, you continue in this style of approach.

I have now decided that I cannot cope with this any more. I shall now be repaying you the outstanding sum in instalments of £60 per month until the invoice is paid. I am giving you formal notice that I do not want any more telephone calls or any visits and that if you want to communicate with me then you should do so in writing. You can be certain that I will read your letters and I will respond.

I would draw your attention to the Administration of Justice Act – Section 40 makes it an offence for any person to harass another in attempting to enforce any kind of debt – even if the debt is legitimate. Please do have a look at this. I consider that you have been acting in a way which exactly breaches the provision of section 40 and so I'm warning you that if I have any further telephone or personal contact from you or your wife that I will make an official complaint to the police.

For my part I shall make the payments at the rate I have set out above and I shall stick to them. I'm enclosing a cheque for the first month's instalment of £60. If you find that this is not acceptable to you then my suggestion is that you begin an action in the County Court. Please note that under a recent pre-action protocol you are required to give me at least 30 days notice of an impending legal action. I shall be pleased to defend the action and you can be certain that at the same time I shall be in to the attention of the judge the way that you have behaved over the past months. I have put together a log of all the contacts you have made and I can tell you that it makes interesting reading.

Please find enclosed a cheque for £60.

Yours sincerely