Dwp letter - we're reviewing your benefits and circumstances !

Ballboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems that these 'standardized' letters have been going out to all sorts of people for quite a while now - my father has just received one and he's about to turn 80 !

He's not in the best of health and it's causing much anxiety - would it have been sent to him by mistake ?

The only 'benefit' paid to him by the DWP is his old age pension and surely they can't stop that for ANY reason ?

He does receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, but these are administered by the "Revenue & Benefits Dept" of his local council and periodically he is asked to provide details to them to maintain his entitlement.

Any thoughts on this anyone - does he REALLY have to attend and provide details of his finances ?

Its a check to see if circumstances have changed. If nothings changed then no need to worry.

But I would say he needs to attend tho. Or if not able to attend on medical grounds then doctors letter may be appropriate.

Seems that these 'standardized' letters have been going out to all sorts of people for quite a while now - my father has just received one and he's about to turn 80 !

He's not in the best of health and it's causing much anxiety - would it have been sent to him by mistake ?

The only 'benefit' paid to him by the DWP is his old age pension and surely they can't stop that for ANY reason ?

He does receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, but these are administered by the "Revenue & Benefits Dept" of his local council and periodically he is asked to provide details to them to maintain his entitlement.

Any thoughts on this anyone - does he REALLY have to attend and provide details of his finances ?

If he fails to attend he may have his benefits suspended until such time he does. Housing benefit is administered by local authorities on behalf of the security of state i.e. the DWP.